Which is faster, monk, druid, or demon-hunter?

Well, my priestes is fastest at making a cocktails (alchemy gives her the edge) but my druid is fastest when it comes to movement speeds (and convenience).

Cat form also gives 30% faster movement and lasts indefinitely. The longer the distance being covered, the further ahead the Druid is going to pull.

Like, running from the entrance of Sanctum all the way to Kelthuzad, before they put the teleporters in? Druid, hands down.

4 Likes

I can charge 40 yards in 0.5 secs wearing full plate armor .

Which is about 165 mph :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Druid all the way, specifically cats.

2 Likes

You want druid. For repeat runs of old content, can’t beat em. Finish. Dreamwalk. Dreamwalk again to beginning of instance and reset. Repeat.

2 Likes

Monk is fastest in terms of sheer burst speed.

DH has better vertical mobility and can clear large gaps better.

Druid loses the burst mobility game but has a good kit for it otherwise.

Honorable mention goes to a warrior with double time and intervene.

Monk is a great class, enjoy.

1 Like

Demon Hunter. Double Jump. Infernal Strike (x2 Heroic leap). Stack Mastery in Havoc and run as fast as yer lil demon hooves can take ye.

Yes, its a great handy tool for farming instances. Which is why it gets used so much by bots, probably.

You have to do druid, because Emerald Dreamway. That’s how I got that mount.

Suggestion: start one or more allied race characters on new starter accounts. Put them on follow and drag them behind you for more chances. They may have to be level 15 to enter.

I did my rivendare grind on a druid with the fast sprint talent, engi belt enchant and the BoE movement speed legendary from legion. Combined with the order hall tele I was averaging like 2 minute runs.

People are talking about how druids are the best because you can use Dreamwalk to zone out and zone back in, but monks can do that too with Zen Pilgrimage.

Also, with any class, you can get sent back to the beginning of a dungeon by killing yourself using a cooking fire and Pinchwhistle Nitro Fuel.

Druid, I’ve beat the other two back to a boss after a wipe.

Wild charge also prevents fall damage. Jump off a cliff, wild charge close to the ground, then just keep running. If you cant use travel form, sprint. If you want everyone to run fast, there’s a button for that too. And lets not forget about water and orca form.

Druid is just a fun class to play.

1 Like

For run speed, Feral. 147% movement speed with no Speed gear. Nothing comes close. It’s also got really good burst speed with Tiger Dash, on a 45 sec cd.

Actually Shamans with Spirit Wolf might be a little bit faster.

Wouldn’t it be easier to just farm it on the toon you’re on? Plus all of strat is outside, longest part is the rp before the abominations iirc

probably druid, since they have a constant 30% speed boost without CD, short cd speed burst, can stealth past unnecessary packs.

DH’s are pretty fast as well, not quite druid tier but they’re up there.

No experience with monk.

Honorable mention for hunter (surprised no mention of them so far). Trailblazer (30% speed boost when out of combat) + disengage hopping + cheetah (granted it has a long CD, but there is a conduit you can pick up that makes its second effect last longer). Doesn’t take me much longer to run old content on this toon than my druid.

I read the whole thread thinking I was going to be the first to mention Hunter as well. I believe they are the fastest run speed class overall at the moment. Get a couple Longstrider pieces (don’t even need a full speed set) and you can consistently run at mount speed while attacking at range, etc. All too easy for farming old content.

1 Like

Feral and Shaman are faster.

Baseline cat form has 30% run speed and Ferals have an additional 15% run speed on top of that. All the time, without any talents or gimmicky builds.

Shaman actually has the fastest run speed with Ghost Wolf + Spirit Wolf talent, but obviously they cannot perform any attacks with it.

My Death Knight is angry at this.

Cats win for zoomies

1 Like

My druid had a footrace once with a demon hunter to see who would be the fastest, and so presumably the best flag carrier. I had already won that spot from a paladin, who was really good for a paladin, but a lot slower than me, especially with flag carry talents.

The demon hunter’s plan was to cast prison on me at the start. That failed because by the time the cast went off I had dashed away and was already out of range. I was waiting at the finish line in travel form, jumping up and down…

1 Like