Which damage spec has the highest skill ceiling in blitz?

Probably slightly different answer than rbgs considering the communication barrier but generally what specs do you think have the highest ceiling for objective based maps.

1 Like

rogue obviously

With 4 sec. caps it isn’t.
:dracthyr_hehe_animated:

Balance or Subtlety.

For a solo player. Mage has the highest skill ceiling and a high skill floor as well, IMO.

Watch Aluneth Master taking bases for reference. He has a ton of plays like this on his channel, it’s not a one off thing.

Considering ALL specs
For tanks Prot Pally is going to spend more time in the graveyard than doing anything useful.

Holy Paladin if healers are the topic has many problems to overcome with its spec, silimar problems to Prot, but not as difficult to be allowed to contribute as prot.

For DPS several specs have a hard time and most of those are melee. Enhancment and Feral might die the easiest, but at least Feral can stealth and stun/cyclone cap.

Pretty sure the hardest class to dps and be good at is feral. And I’m pretty sure it’s not even close

1 Like

There is a difference between skill floor and skill ceiling.

mm hunter or boomkin insane skill required

5 Likes

True, the skill cap so high our sniper shot can’t reach it.

2 Likes

i have a word for people who have mained these 2 classes for the last 3 xpacs and its not very nice.

I’d say enhancement shaman because it has way to many abilities bogged down with global cooldowns.

They need to reduce the effects of totems a bit and completely remove the global cooldown so you plunk down four at once.

Once that happens, I’ll return to my enhance shaman.

Balance druid has to be up there. They can be one of the best but it’s not really a pick up and play spec like havoc dh. More effort is needed if you don’t want to be an easy kill.

I was thinking ele and enhance as well simply because they do have some variety to their talent and pvp talents depending on their own comp / the enemies. Even aug could be in the same argument as oppressing roar and dragon pickups can be incredibly fight altering similar to static field.

I’m hoping when rated comes out they ditch the global movement speed buff so ret paladins and dks can utilize their speed boost more and fit into different niches, since otherwise WW trumps them both with the ability to skip across the map mounted, teleport, rop, ox kick and fsk make them too slippery that they become ideal roamers / gy slowers.

Both Shaman DPS specs are pretty hard to play. One thing they have going for them is burst but the squash to the main stat, crit reduction in PvP and increase to stamina has made it hard to finish opponents.

You guys seem to be missing the last part of this.

Yes, enhancement has a lot of abilities and can be hard to play but they don’t really have that many abilities that can totally turn things around on objective play. They have thunderstorm, for example.

But, mage has ice wall, ring of frost, poly, mass poly, blast wave, alter time, displacement z-axis shenanigans and more to get flags out of a base and cap nodes.

Mage has by far the most tools to win objectives without actually killing anyone and is also the hardest class to play to actually pull off these things very well.

Boomkin and rogue are also up there, ofc. But, they are only really successful at taking a node against a single player without killing them. A mage that is played very well can take nodes against several players without killing them.

1 Like

It probably depends map to map or objective to objective

Anything that’s going to do a lot of 1v1s would require more skill to be influential. So that’s things like Boomie and Rogue. But their toolkits to 1v1 for bases are so beyond other specs, it creates a lot of room to screw up.

If a Rogue can’t figure out how to ninja a 4 second cap 1v1, there is something seriously wrong with them.

Any melee that isn’t DH or rogue usually.