Which chromie time is the most popular?

I need to level a toon for heritage armour. To do this as quickly as possible, I will not be questing at all. Rather I will be spamming dungeons till 50 as a tank. Worked great for my mag’har heritage armour. But that was before chromie time existed. So which chromie time should I select? I don’t expect to wait more than 5min for a dungeon pop.

IMO you do all of them for the first time - as the quest(s) at the start of the dungeons is where the majority of the leveling speed comes from.

So you do all (or most) of the dungeon quests in classic, then switch to TBC and do all the quests for each dungeon… etc.

2 Likes

For me, it is TBC for dungeons, and WOD for questing :slight_smile:

I would think it would be Cataclysm since that will give you access to the most dungeons (Cata and Vanilla). I’m not sure if that’s absolute though.

:cookie:

11 Likes

Hmm. I may do a combination then for the dungeon quests. I know I’ll be avoiding BFA at all costs due to the mechanics involved messing with new players far too much thus making it the slowest possible leveling route.

1 Like

Things that have helped me level faster without dungeons - doing the entry quest to WoD and Shadowmoon Valley quests. Once you hit 30, the little farm in Pandaland - those dailies are quick and give a lot of xp.

Good luck!

:cookie:

4 Likes

I do this, but I do TBC → WotLK. every once in a while you get a bad dungeon but otherwise it is really fast.

Did this yesterday on a healer. Well, to 45. BfA had like zero queue time, almost instant. They are a bit of a pain at lower levels though (as heals) guess maybe for tank too?

I always do legion to do the class hall campaign and get the mounts. Just hit 350 mount achievement thanks to this.

I still wouldn’t touch bfa dungeons (unless I had no other option) with a 10ft pole. The fact that new accounts are forced into them combined with their ridiculously complex mechanics compared to older dungeons sounds like a recipe for disaster. Plus they don’t have dungeon quests in them either.

2 Likes

New players aren’t the problem. How many of them can their be anyway?

It’s the poor distribution of abilities to deal with damage. Healers get too many heals late, and tanks get have little mitigation.

The real problem is the dps not standing in crap like they do at max level - when the group doesnt have any aoe heals. BfA and legion were designed with aoe damage effects so doing them without aoe healing abilities makes it challenging. Then it’s complicated by tanks thinking they can chain pull and not glancing at the healers mana bar.

(Sorry know I’m off topic a tiny bit, but that’s my Leveling dungeon rant this week)

1 Like

Wrath dungeons were short and simple. Vanilla dungeons were long but required learning very few mechanics.

1 Like

Personally, I often default to WoD because I really enjoy building the garrison. I do that mostly on alts I plan to play long-term.

Otherwise, it’s a toss-up to me. I haven’t tried Outland or Northrend yet, but I really enjoyed going through the entirety of the Ghostlands and some of the Cata quest areas for lore, like Twilight Highlands.

I don’t have an experience with dungeons though. But your experience is likely going to be waiting for the entire queue to open up anyway, regardless of what you pick.

1 Like

don’t select Chromie time at all and just level through BFA doing BFA dungeons.

1 Like

BFA is probably more popular than Chromie Time just because it’s what you’re put in by default and also the only option for new players.

Other than that, it’s hard to compare, but I think Legion seems to be popular because it’s the most recent expansion that almost everyone liked. I personally do TBC dungeons a lot because I heard they were the best XP per time spent just because of how short a lot of the dungeons are, plus you get a lot of gear with gem sockets, which could come in handy for timewalking.

WoD is the fastest. See the table found at (https://www.wowhead.com/guides/chromie-time-leveling-zone-expansion-scaling):

Level from 1-50

Chromie Time Expansion Approximate Pace
Warlords of Draenor 12 hours
Legion 14 hours
Battle for Azeroth 16 hours
Mists of Pandaria 16 hours
Cataclysm 20 hours
Wrath of the Lich King 24 hours
The Burning Crusade 24 hours

I also decided to track a leveling I did of a character a few months back. Here is what I documented:

Dwarf Paladin with Heirlooms and Chauffeur Mount
No bonus objectives were done.

1-10 (one hour) (1 level per 6 minutes)
Coldridge Valley & Dun Morogh
Followed the quests and hit 10 right at Amberstill Ranch. This was convenient since Learn to Ride turn-in was right there.

10-16 (40 minutes) (1 level per 6.67 minutes)
WoD portal quests and construct level 1 garrison

16-16.5 (35 minutes) (half a level for 35 minutes) -waste of time-
Legion start (not skipped) through the Dalaran move

16.5-20.5 (one hour) (1 level per 15 minutes)
Pandaria Intro and quests to Pearlfin Village

20.5-23 (40 minutes) (1 level per 16 minutes)
Northrend Boralus Harbor quests through Farshire

23-30 (2 hours) (1 level per 17 minutes)
WoD Shadowmoon Valley questing

30-31 (35 minutes) (1 level per 35 minutes)
Isle of Qael’Danas ten primary daily quests

31-35.5 (1.5 hours) (1 level per 20 minutes)
Vashj’Ir quests until Shimmering Expanse
Slow at first because no seahorse

35.5-36.5 (35 minutes) (1 level per 35 minutes)
Hellfire Peninsula quests
Mobs here took longer to kill, but didn’t seem to hit harder. This was the same pace as Isle of Qael’Danas. It’s the same expansion.

36.5-40 (2 hours) (1 level per 34 minutes)
BfA intro and a bunch of quests

40-40.5 (30 minutes) (1 level per hour) too slow
Legion Prot Pally Artifact Weapon and United Force in Class Hall

40.5-42 (40 minutes) (1 level per 27 minutes)
Legion Highmountain Quests

42-44 (40 minutes) (1 level per 20 minutes)
WoD Gorgron Quests

44-45 (45 minutes) (1 level per 45 minutes)
Pandaria Pearlfin Village quests

45-45.75 (35 minutes) (47 minutes per level)
Zul Farak (LFG dungeon)

45.75-47 (45 minutes) (1 level per 36 minutes)
WoD Talador Quests

2 Likes

Fastest queues from my experience as DPS.

• Cata for the classic dungeons, ignore the existence of the Cata dungeons.
  • BC dungeons. It’s very popular for socket gear for twinks. If you’re not tank, Brew Monks will solo these, just try and keep up. XD
  • Legion dungeons are done by twinks as well, to get relics to upgrade their legendary weapon.

All other queue’s are abandoned.

you can do classic dungeons up to level 50. fast queues…

I tried a BfA toon and queues were 30 minutes for parrot dungeon.

1 Like

Well so far my plan has been working perfectly. Been spamming classic dungeons (cata time) and leveling fast. My tank queues are less than 2min a pop. Sometimes they’re instantaneous.

1 Like

all i do is spam dungeons.
i always go with mop.

1 Like