Which band has most songs you enjoy?

basically title, mine would either have to be queen or ELO, just hit after hit from these guys.

3 Likes

battle beast

1 Like

None.

I don’t like modern music with rock & roll, pop, country, metal, and emo bands.

I prefer more relaxing stuff like orchestral and Jazz clubs.

Beatles. Floyd. Billy Joel.

Ella Fitzgerald.

A Tribe Called Quest.

Underworld. The Chemical Brothers.

My tastes vary.

4 Likes

okay mr fedora but that doesn’t mean a band/composer can’t have you don’t have a composer/band with your most favorite songs.

1 Like

Agreed.

@Evagosh - Talk orchestral and jazz, then! Who do you like? I listed Ella up there, do you like Ella’s work? Miles Davis? Wynton Marsalis? Big band stuff? Classical? Or, if you’re into smaller artists and venues, who would you go out of your way to see live? I’d love to talk about that kind of music, for sure!

Led Zeppelin.

I had the hots for Jimmy Page way back in high school when the band was still together. One of the greatest guitarists of all time.

3 Likes

Genesis and Phil Collins were the first that came to mind. I loved their music growing up in the 80’s and still do to this day. The 90’s brought two live albums, The Way We Walk: The Shorts and The Longs. My friends and I listened to those albums quite a bit while hanging out so they became kinda of a soundtrack to my high school days. The Longs was a good introduction into their earlier progressive work.

Dire Straits. Very little to say there. :smiley:

Indigo Girls. My sister turned me on to them. I love how personal their songs are and the stories that are told.

The Decemberists

2 Likes

Ooooh,

I like Miles Davis, Dave Brubeck for Jazz. I have never heard of Ella, Wynton Marsalis, sorry about that.

I especially like Dave Brubeck’s Take Five.

As for Classical Music, I like Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, and Vivaldi. I also like Morning Mood from Edvard Grieg.

And for smaller artists and venues, I like the composers for video game/movie/tv shows like the composers who made WoW’s, D3’s, and Skyrim’s music. I do like Adrian von Ziegler (Swiss composer who primarily makes Celtic themed music), Antti Mannetkin (idk if I got the name right), a finnish composer who makes a lot of exotic types of music.

I like Two Steps From Hell, Immediate Music, Audiomachine, and Future World Music to name a few for the Epic and World music bands.

I do happen to like Dave Brubeck, Miles Davis, Two Steps From Hell, Immediate Music, Audiomachine, Mozart, Bach, Beethoven, Vivaldi, and Edvard Grieg.

2 Likes

Oh wow! You’re in for a treat. Such a beautiful voice and amazing talent. Ella Fitzgerald always puts me in a good mood. :heart: I’m currently listening to her as I type. Be sure to give anything with her and Louis Armstrong a try as their chemistry is so good.

I feel I have eclectic taste, it’s very hard to pick one. Peter Gabriel era Genesis comes to mind (Lamb, Supper’s Ready, Musical Box, etc), but so does Steely Dan, Return to Forever, GQ, Kate Bush, Tupac, Boston, Flecktones, Rachmaninov, Yes, Ralph Vaughn Williams, Dave Weckl, Queensryche, Frost*, EW&F…

Yeah, really hard for me.

Although my favorite album is Genesis’ The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway

2 Likes

I like just about everything by Boston.

I also like just about everything by Infected Mushroom and Delhi 2 Dublin.

2 Likes

Tool for me. I genuinely enjoy all their albums and will listen to all their songs. Sober is the only song I can think of I sometimes skip but I’ve just heard it so much.

2 Likes

Queen, ELO, and In the same vein I like Jellyfish, Dada, Boston.

1 Like

Man, that’s a tough one. The artist/group with the largest number of songs in my iTunes library is Jethro Tull, but Frank Zappa is not too far behind. However, both those artists are kinda hit & miss with me, with many songs that I’m just so-so about, so I’m not sure which one would have the highest number of liked songs. But these two are so far ahead of the rest in # of songs in my library that it’s probably one of those two.

Probably the group that I most consistently like (ie, has the highest percentage of songs I like) would be Curve.

Oddly enough, none of these would be my pick for my favorite artist (although Curve would probably be #2). But my favorite band of all only put out 3 albums, so any ranking that takes quantity into account is going to have that group pretty far down the list.

Gonna add another band to my list. The Decemberists. Had to laugh when I discovered a song they did about Valerie Plame*. lol

*Spy novelists and former CIA officer who was outed in the Washington Post. :open_mouth:

1. Danheim
  2. Trobar De Morte
  3. Daemonia Nymphe
  4. Faun
  5. Heilung
  6. Stellamara
  7. The Moon & The Nightspirit
  8. Wardruna

Are my top names at the moment which will lead you to the others.

2 Likes

Quickly browsed my phone which I only put songs I want to hear. I have 95 days of music on computer.
Led Zeppelin
Beatles
Queen
Boston
Matthew Sweet
The Nines
Styx
Were some of the highest numbers.

All of those bands you mentioned are overrated.