Where's the Classic WoW Release Announcement?

November??? GTFO with that talk. If they gave us a November release date after saying it was summer, I’d have to cry a little. I got all my old guildmates all stirred up and we’re sitting on Discord waiting for release and checking for news daily. Having to wait 6 more months would be a tragedy for all involved.

You’re right 1.12 AV could have been reasonably assumed as well. Now if people wish to discuss the benefits to Blizz of choosing a previous version then so be it. But most of the questions being answered are obvious. “How was the game at 1.12?” If something like “server character restrictions” needs to be answered for people, then they really didn’t listen to the Blizzcon presentation when they said “AUTHENTIC CLASSIC EXPERIENCE.” who actually thought we’d have increased character limits, or more than 10 characters per server etc?

The main question people have been asking was cross faction character creation on PvP servers.

BUT, the point is… we did get our weekly update from a Blue.

we got our confirmation that “yes, we’re leaving it like classic” which they seem to drop a couple times a week… cept recently

Again, it was pretty obvious we WOULDN’T be able to cross-faction create. What would lead people to believe that would be changed, it would drastically change the economy on most servers. and PVP can get really wild in Classic in terms of hunting people down. 99% of the fun is seeing your enemies in the wild and not having and reaction with them other than fighting. Having the ability to just create a character meet up talk etc. etc. Definitely would ruin an authentic experience for sure.

1 Like

Last I was aware of was summer 2019. Honestly though, do not be surprised if it releases on the anniversary date of original release date back in 2004. I think it was November of 2004. Wife and I started in January of 2005. It was not until July or August of 2005 that we actually figured out the ins and outs of the game and what each classes role in the game was. I think I started and deleted like three or four classes before leveling my warlock to 60 and then a few expansions later, I think it was WOD, I leveled my hunter.

Who said there will be a beta, and who said any beta/stress test would be longer than 2 weeks? The open Beta for Vanilla was 2 weeks and it ended 4 days before the release.

July is still two months away. We know from the Earnings Call that it won’t be June 30 or earlier, but it could still happen in July easily enough.

They have never reintegrated old content for release. A large part of Beta is also finding out what’s overtuned or undertuned and rebalancing. This isn’t required here.

ME:2 was good.

ME:3 had several underlying issues, animations being one the other is the fact the combat was bland, but the story was amazing and the scene with tali saying “I have a home” tugged my heart strings, beyond the story and such the game in itself was mediocre, which I don’t disagree that andromeda could have had a better story but I played through it all and I enjoyed the core mechanics of the game.

Maybe compared to ME:3, but not ME. Mass Effect was a masterpiece, ME:2 was the cash in sequel.

I won’t disagree, both are good but Mass Effect 1 was the best of them all but my favorite aspect of the series is the fact that your love interest carries between games and has unique dialogue, my favorite romance is Tali, shes the perfect romance as it shows 3 seperate stages of love.

I agree with the save game import system, that was pretty cool. Having characters and choices carry over was a great feature for an RPG.

Ok, if you must make this about the subject of the Blue post instead of the fact that we already got our Blue post for the week.

It’s very simple. It’s a fairly common question asked. I could end there but since you want to question ‘why’ they would ask that. Cross faction character creations on PvP server is one of the few stealth removals in the history of WoW. It was removed without a blue post or patch notes. Blizzard has never given an answer as to why. It’s simply gone.

Reason enough. But… again… not really caring about the subject of the Blue post.

I wouldn’t have thought right click to report, loot trading, no progressive stat itemization, 1.12 class changes and talents, or 16 debuff slots just to name a few would be in an authentic classic experience, but here we are.

Excluding the fact that most of those answers were flat out given during the Blizzcon presentation I’d also like to say that constantly making a short small post each week is basically scamming the community by saying “yeah we’re communicating.” They could compile a whole list of issues in clarify them all together kind of like they do with their Q&A for BFA. Answering 1 fairly obvious question a week doesn’t constitute clear communication.

Listen I’m not even bashing Blizzard for not being ready with Classic, if it takes them until the end of the year to release it I’d still be fine with it. I just want REAL communication with the matter, come out and say “yeah we’re actually not close at all.”

They already did give an end date, though: the end of summer. The last day of Summer (in terms of business) is 21st of September.

Blizzard just release the game on the last day of summer (September 20th I believe) just to piss everyone off LOL

I really don’t get how that would piss one off? It still would be considered summer 2019 late summer but still summer. Now if they came out and said sorry it will be delayed to something like early 2020 or something then I could see the concern.