Where to start?

So I’ve recently come back to Classic a few months ago and decided to poke around retail while the servers are down. I came across my old character I literally haven’t logged into since the beginning of Wrath. When I first logged in I was still 70 and had all my old gear in the mailbox but it has barely any stats. I relogged and now I’m level 80 with the same old gear.

I guess my question is, where do I even start from here? I’m completely feeling lost when it comes to everything from talents, to where to level/quest and basically everything in between. Help please? lol

1 Like

If you have heirlooms then buy all the heirlooms you can and replace your current gear.

If you don’t have heirlooms but have about 5k to spend I would suggest buying them for your class and upgrading to 90 and see if you are still into the game like before.

As to where to go, the game makes it much easier now and you have the choice of either Mists of Pandera or Cataclysm.

I personally prefer MoP, just because I can fly around and get 2-3 levels just from getting all the treasures.

No matter where you go though, dungeons will be your best xp if you just want to level, and you can que for either MoP or Cata dungeons no matter where you plan on XPing.

I personally would burn through MoP and get to 90 and actually try out WoD. Yes, I know lots of people hate it, but screw’em until you try for yourself. I enjoy WoD and building your garrison is actually fun IMHO and it will give you something to do while waiting on classic when the servers happen to go down, plus you avoid the catastrophe known as BFA.

Just remember no flying in WoD but I had fun getting my pathfinder when I did it.

The stat squish means that you don’t really start seeing stats go up on gear until late Legion gear. So, even with level 70 gear, you should be okay to start questing, and you’ll get replacements as you go.

At level 80, you can quest in Cataclysm or Mists (or a combination of the two.) I personally find Mists to be the better questing experience, but the on-the-rails nature of Cataclysm questing means that I find it tends to go faster. Either way, you’ll probably only have to do a few zones to get to 90 where Warlords is the only choice. (And remember that most of the crap WoD gets stems from the lack of non-raid content at max level. The leveling content is pretty solid.)

You can swap your talents in any rested location, so while leveling play around a bit to get a feel for the different talents. Modern talents tend to be more situational. Some will give you options on how complicated you want your general rotation to be.