Where to go for 52-60?

So I should finish Feralas around 51 or 52. And theres so many options to chose from to get to 60. Plaguelands, Un goro, felwood, winterspring etc

Not sure what the best zones are to get there the fastest?

Don’t worry about fastest. Just pick a zone and put your nose to the grinder on quests. If you aren’t watching the clock, you’ll get there faster than you think.

3 Likes

Yeah I have, last toon I did Ungoro and Winterspring. Wasnt fond of em. Want a change of tune. Might try out Azshara and plaguelands

ungoro felwood winterspting plaguelands
even silithus has more stuff than azshara

My advice is to focus on the kill quests primarily. Avoid the ones that require you to collect drops from mobs if they aren’t a good drop rate. The Linken quest chain in Ungoro is a good chunk of xp too.

Try to be a little overleveled to do western plaguelands, stuff hits pretty hard but the cauldron quest line gives a lot of XP.

1 Like

So my go-to zone leveling horde is the following, with the level to go there in ( ):

• Starter zone
  • N. barrens (Whenever you complete quests in starter zone 12ish, I think)
  • Ashenvale (20) NOTE: if you buy pages off the AH in advance you get a ton of xp for turning them in when orange)
  • Hillsbrad (22)
  • 1000 Needles (25 go to Shimmering Flats around 30)
  • Arathi Highlands (33)
  • Badlands (36 one of the best leveling zones in classic)
  • Feralas (40)
  • Hinterlands (44)
  • Tanaris (46)
  • Ungoro (50 another great zone. Get all the quests and kill everything)
  • Blasted Lands (52 super fun zone with one of the best quest chains in the game)
  • Felwood (54 just do the quests to get unfriendly with Timbermaw so you can go through their cave)
  • Winterspring (54-55 You can stay here until 60 if you want.)

The secret is to just do the quests that are around central hubs. If they’re sending you running all over the place, skip them. There is no coherent story to 99% of the quests in this game. I like these zones because almost all of them you just go to one place, get all the quests, then kill everything you see and turn them all in. Places where you have to go somewhere, pick something up, run back to turn it in, get the next quest then go back to the same area and kill something, run back to get the next quest, etc are a waste of time.

If you want to just pick a zone and complete all the quests in that zone, then just do what you want.

Also, if you start as Blood Elf their starting zone and the Ghostlands is the best in the game for leveling. You actually get good quest rewards, too.

In fact, you can probably skip N. Barrens and just go to Ghostlands if you get a port to shat and go to Silvermoon. N Barrens kind of sucks after the first group of quests. There is a ton of running around.

Depending on your class you want to look for orange and yellow quests and leave a zone when the quests turn green. If you’re solo-leveling a warrior and not running dungeons every few levels to get blues then you want to look for yellow and green quests.

Strat
/10 characters

1 Like

I’d finish felwood. Then at 52 do blasted lands.

Once you’re done with that do Un’goro. When you finish un’goro go to WPL. Once you’re done there head to Winterspring. Then finish off in EPL.

1 Like

One spot I like at 50 is blasted lands. There’s 5 kill quests that each give you 1 hour buff potions. You can repeat these for more potions, but only the 1st time will give you good XP. I don’t suggest repeating them unless you’re skinning the bodies for leather. Most of the junk you kill for these are beasts.

Ungoro for sure. Best zone in the game.

I bounce around the zones. There’s a nice trinket in winterspring, decent gear from EPL/WPL, and great gathering in blasted lands.

1 Like

plaugelands have a great aesthetic to them, especially recommended if you played wc3 human campaign

Blasted Lands if you are an herber. Grommsblood will fund your epic flyer.

Can head to hellfire at 58, and the xp will get you to 60 faster than non-TBC zones

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.