Where to get addons for Classic? Best healer addons?

I haven’t played “seriously” since Cataclysm and want to raid again for WotLK. Where’s the safe place to download them nowadays?

Also, I used really like Grid and Quartz. Are they still around or is there something better for healers?

Thank you!

Curse Forge is the main place to get addons, though wowinterface.com is a good option as well.

Since you mentioned a “safe” place to get addons, if you use curseforge, I’d recommend installing the addons manually rather than by using their app. It’s very hungry for your personal data. But the website in and of itself is just fine. It’s a bit more involved than the ease of the app, but if you haven’t played since cataclysm you’re probably used to manaully installing and updating anyway.

As far as a raid frame healing addon such as old grid, my (and many people’s) go to is currently Vuhdo for both classic and retail. It’s basically Grid and Clique combined into one addon, and once you get the gist of the interface and settings menu, it’s super easy to customize to your liking. Youtube tutorials are available for how to get it set up if you can’t figure it out on your own.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the info.

1 Like

Grid is no longer being developed. (The developer no longer plays.) The two closest successors are Grid2 and Plexus. The Grid2 name is a bit confusing. It’s not a successor, but a different addon with a similar look and is from different developers. (The primary difference between the two is that Grid was more barebones and used plug-ins to extend it’s options, where Grid2 is more all in one. Both addons existed in parallel for many years.)

Plexus is more of the spiritual successor to the original Grid. (And even supports Grid plug-ins, although many of the old Grid plug ins may not be supported in Classic.)

Classic also uses the modern retail raid frames, which are much improved from what you’ll remember. (Think of them as a simplified version of Grid.) In the raid profiles section of the interface options, there’s a checkbox to use raid style party frames so you can use them in 5 mans. They’re not a terrible option if you want something that works fairly well out of the box without needing a ton of configuration.