Where is the resolution for Teldrassil and why does Blizzard hate Night Elves?

Again, this is a childish, binary view of the world. If we don’t have “JUSTICE!” then we have no society or capacity for understanding between people? Hardly. The mindless pursuit of justice can in many cases, such as the Night Elves in this case, stand in direct opposition to preserving societal identities and mores. By fetishizing justice as some primary need what is left of the Night Elves would have been destroyed, they would have themselves finished what their enemy started.

2 Likes

I think it’s a good point about fallibility, similar in nature the Greek and Roman Gods and Goddesses, but completely undone by the hamfisted delivery and dismissive tone of the message.

Instead of making their characters look inept, they made themselves look like bad writers.

Except for Pandaren since you know…their entire life is bear-able. I’ll see myself out lol

2 Likes

Can you remove this joke from my sight Blizzard?

2 Likes

The damage has already been done. Bask in the glory of what my daughters experience on the daily

3 Likes

You don’t get one.

Much like how the Horde was left as little more than a shattered Red Alliance by the end of BFA.

No. It’s really not. I don’t really have the time nor the inclination to give a full dissertation on the social contract between individual and government? But suffice to say that where war is concerned, the State is obliged to look after its citizens or vassal states or else it has no basis to expect support. And States and Empires that do not respond when attacked, rarely remain States and Empires for longer than it takes for them to be sacked by other powers.

Teldrassil fell under the heading of a vassal state of Stormwind’s Alliance. Stormwind did nothing in its defense or in its liberation, nor did it do anything at all for the survivors that were dispossessed. Sure, the Alliance invaded Lordaeron and later Zandalar, but these were strategic moves that had nothing at all to do with the Night Elves. In point of fact there was an entire quest chain in Stormwind Keep alluding to this.

It went something like this:
Tyrande: “Help us?”
Anduin: “Nah. I’m busy attacking Lordaeron.”
Six. Months. Later.
Tyrande: “Okay, Now help us?”
Anduin: “Nah. I’m busy attacking Zandalar.”
One. Year. Later.
Anduin: “We Need to attack Orgrimmar. Where’s Tyrande?”
Maiev: “Oh she went to wreck the Horde since you weren’t doing $#!%.”
Anduin: “Champion, go track down Tyrande because I’m busy holding this chair down.”

3 Likes

If you had ever had a management position in a big company, you would know there is no way to enforce ethics over your team unless they themselves being the moral code with them.

And you would also know you cant really use moral code as a hiring condition, as the law itself prohibits you from doing it, on the grounds of the ABSURD and IDIOTIC idea of “freedom of speech” and whatevers.

So it is really dumb to blame blizzard for the behavior of its employees, as it is neither promoted, condoned or caused by the corporation.

My former employer changed their model of hiring to downsize their own employees to a minimum, and pay for us, the “best in their positions” to build and manage a sole proprietorship with deals from Law firms they hired and stuff, so they could use contracting schemes rather than employment exactly to be able to simply terminate crappy employees without having to pay things to people who actually crapped their position and the company and could not be fired for that. It is really hard to control these abuses once a person has worked for a time and was trusted. And often that is the thing that embolden them to behave poorly to subalterns and the maintenance staff.

So I dont really think blizzard deserves the crap people in this forum say.

All the grind! all the Renown!

It has to be real!

No…no…NOOOOOO!!!

I mean have you seen their players?

Not all of us are bad, some of us are pure evil :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Though getting on the side; Forsaken have it worse, they’re now lead by Calia :grimacing:

I at least prefer Calia to Lilian who actively disliked all of us until BfA randomly made her change her mind. :man_shrugging:

Ideally we’d rebuild the Desolate Council and not have a single leader.

1 Like

Also considering that the person doing these disgusting acts was the senior creative director and has been in the company since 2004 and is best buds with all the other top dogs? Who is going to dare to speak out and risk getting fired and have their reputation tarnished by him?

I recall my first job being with a managing director that enjoyed bullying and insulting you in your face while going off about “we’re all family,” during company meetings. No one could do anything other than to just hand in their resignation if they couldn’t take it because he was a big name in the industry.

The thing I mentioned. I was general manager for software development in a company, and I had a secretary that was also a friend. My dpto was mostly me and her, because the engineers working there were also working for the production dpto, not under my folder. My secretary had a problem with the general sales manager, to the point she asked to leave because of that, and I could do nothing as he was “at the same level as me”, and it would be my word against his, or her word against his, which would not count for much, as the sales depto was devoid of women for a reason, and all the ppl there were “friends” of each other.

Fate was kind tho. At the time they changed management and things started to go towards cleaning house, the new Director of Commerce was a friend of mine, and I was moved to build my own company and work for them as a consultant. And turns out, “for some reason”, the sales dpt was scrapped and everyone lost their jobs because the Director of Commerce somehow had an insight they were more trouble than their worth.

Companies sometimes need a whole lot of work to clean house. Not really easy to just “remove bad apples”.

Night Elves get a new home in 10.0… probably. I mean the Undead need one too.

If at the end of Shadowlands… Teldrassil some how gets fixed with some magic bull :poop:

I will legit just uninstall. :rofl:

The writers are pro-horde, notice how they get away with war crimes every few years and have NO consequence because the blame gets shifted to the warchief? Meanwhile alliance get screwed over in content AND story.

The storytelling has been non existent for a while now.

2 Likes
  • Losing one of the last well written characters that wasn’t insane in Saurfang
  • Tyrsfall Glade, completely ruined, Undercity’s above ground entrance blocked.
  • Another Warchief goes insane / dictator mode because they wrote off the previous one to force another faction war.
  • The Warchief title completely gone away with, to avoid future scenarios even though it’s completely the fault of the writers.
  • Thrall’s forced out of retirement to replace the written off characters.

But sure…

I’m half inclined to agree that this is a bad thing. Just like… leave the Horde alone for a bit. :tired_face: Please I beg.

If your curious on how the Alliance can relate to the Horde’s pain… just look at Tyrande. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Apparently what I said airplaned over your head completely. You see “Muh Frat Boi Culture” was just one aspect of it. Certainly it was a big one. And anyone who’s been into gaming for more than the past couple of decades (which certainly includes Mr’s Morhaime, Metzen, etc.) would have read the forum rants and heard the stories about Fires of Heaven. Most of us old Everquest players lived through those times and some of us had female friends or aquaintances that bumped into them. Certainly enough to know that it wasn’t their leader that changed, it was the times. And all this nonsense of whether Morhaime knew? Of course he knew. You don’t hire C level employees and not know what you’re in for. I don’t buy the denial one bit. It’s just that it didn’t become a big deal until the State of California found legal grounds to come after them with a headsman’s axe.

But that’s not what I’m talking about. What I’m talking about is their C suite people trying to buy prosecution “indulgences” by catering to the IdPol “Woke Brigade”. First with Geek and Sundry, then with Anita Sarkeesian, then with the Fair Play Alliance, and finally all the IdPol grifters and charities that they donate to now. To the point where dissent with these people’s message is not tolerated in any form.

At the end of the day did any of this keep the chickens from coming home to roost? No. The scummy behavior was outed. Their treatment of their lower tier employees was also outed. The only problem was, rather than better treatment being afforded these employees along the lines of the law and pay grade it happened along the lines of Identity Politics. So bad behavior is simply being compounded.

Yes I know precisely what I’m blaming Blizzard for. Yes, Blizzard IS responsible. It has promoted, condoned, and caused what I’m referring to.

Okay. But that’s a different case with a different set of particulars that isn’t relevant. Yes, corporate mismanagement seems to be a common thing. But I’m not obliged to call out every company, corporation, and conglomerate when I wish to speak about the one right in front of me.

That’s nice. But I didn’t ask.

1 Like

I agree but you have also to remember that the Forsaken came off clean without any causalities. If both sides have lost equally much then it would have been acceptable. But this did not happen because the Horde-biased writers - and especially Danuser - cares more for the undead Windrunner sister and the Thanos-character then anything else. Doesn’t help either that he admitted liking Game of Thrones season 8: It reflects the World of Warcraft story quality immensely.

1 Like