Where is our money going?

Looking to the past, we have expansions full of features, new classes, new races, new abilities, new BGs, new customizations, the list goes on and on.

In Shadowlands, we have the barebones minimum - 4 piddly zones that have been very irritatingly designed, might I add, what are essentially factions/reputations, dungeons and raids… and that’s it, really.

This is the baseline for any MMO. Why are fanboys always touting these features as if they are extraordinary or out of the norm for any MMO release?

Torghast is probably the most intensive and newest addition, but even then, it’s essentially what Islands were (Islands and Warfronts being extensions of Scenarios, a thing from 2013 - MOP!).

These facts beg the question:

Where is our money going?!?!?

We are paying triple A prices for the game then subscription on top of that. This doesn’t include Blizzard store purchases, of which there are plenty.

So again I ask - where is all this money going because right now, there seems to be a sizeable difference between input and output!

64 Likes

https://www.fraseryachts.com/yachts-image/luminosity/Benetti_yacht_for_sale_Luminosity_14813.jpg

99 Likes

The money is going to ‘Activision Blizzard International B.V.’ based on my receipts.

9 Likes

What, are we paying Blizzard taxes or something?

Our money stops being our money when we give it to someone else. But, that money likely goes into a large pot, the money within that pot then gets distributed to their many projects in the form of a budget.

Those budgets get used to make improvements and additional content for the game. You not liking that content doesn’t mean what you think it does.

6 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUsOJrw5PJE

26 Likes

I truly expect the amount of effort that was put into Legion, into every expansion. Yet every other expansion after WotLK feels like WOD.

19 Likes

Imagine if they had put all the effort from covenants into classes.

What a waste.

34 Likes

Your money is going towards an unannounced blizzard mobile game currently in development.

30 Likes

If I recall, upon the success of diablo they all bought sportscars. I know that John and John from doom fame both bought ferraris after doom’s success

Partly to me and the other stockholders. I would also guess towards research and development. Like in the creation of games like Overwatch or Warcraft Reforged. Then to the top executives for their large salaries and bonuses.

Blizzard spends a large part of the money they make from WoW in other areaa of Blizzard (they always have) and that’s why we don’t see nearly as much content.

2 Likes

Well, Bobby Kotick did give himself a 35M bonus?

4 Likes

While money= money ++ [Into investors pockets, research into what increases revenue flow, and coding that implements and improves revenue flow.
Almost everything being implemented and farmed appears to be testing for systems to implement on other platforms or games in development to repeat the formula from my top statement back down.] money = money++

Your $15 gives you access to the servers.

Literally nothing more.

6 Likes

Bobby Kotick’s overflowing wallet

No, you can access the servers without paying a cent.

6 Likes

Legion was great and is pretty much equal to Wrath. However I think Legion was great because it gave us world quest, M+, artifacts, and characters we all knew and loved and yes the story telling was good. I kept asking myself and others that the next expansion or expansion that world quest and M+ wont feel that good because its not new anymore. I’m not saying Legion was good based on just those two, but Legion was pretty damn good and I felt like they were getting on the right track…Here we are two expansions later barely hanging on.

1 Like

Overwatch/ Hearthstone

1 Like

This is why, despite being the most successful MMO of all time, that most average gamers’ reactions toward this game is “lol wow”

It really could have redefined the entire genre and brought mainstream gamers into the fold, and could be so much more successful than it has been to date.

4 Likes

Well Bobby’s net worth in 2021 is 8 billion

4 Likes