Where does the Visions of Azeroth questline begin?

I did not receive any quest besides the one for the warband.

Is this not available until July 30th as well?

3 Likes

next week is the event start

1 Like

Honestly super confusing.

In the patch notes the quest is mentioned above the dragonflying changes , which happened today. Then under the dragonflying changes is the event information, which is dated 7/30.

Why did they not put the questline under the event section and not above athe dragonflying that actually happened on pre-patch day?

4 Likes

What’s worse is if you go to the The War Within Pre-Expansion Content Update Notes page that links from the launcher announcement, there are two sections between “Visions” and “Radiant Echoes,” both of which are features that did go live tonight.

And The War Within: Radiant Echoes Event Overview page also makes no mention of this quest line at all.

If the quest line is meant to come next week, they need to post some clarification of that somewhere.
If the quest line is meant to be active now, they need to be more specific about the requirements, or how to find it.

5 Likes

okay so im not completely crazy

3 Likes

Nope! Might get driven there by all this before bedtime, though. :wink:

2 Likes

Yea agreed, the way MMO champ has it, the visions questline should be live, with the radiant echoes event starting next week…but i don’t see it anywhere in game. I didnt even get a warband quest.

edit: found the warband quest, but i gotta ask, if you didn’t know where it was gonna be, why would you randomly look in tanaris for any reason? Shouldn’t there be a log in pop up quest?

3 Likes

Apparently, a trailer dropped during the down time yesterday that confirmed the “Visions” quest line will be launching alongside the event next week. So, apparently, the only things that went live last night besides warbands and skyriding were bugs. And a lot of people don’t seem too happy with either of those features. Heck, warbands didn’t even fully release, considering they disabled warbanking, which is all that warband quest is supposed to activate.

4 Likes

See this is what I don’t understand. we went through an all day and night maintenance to get bugs and some warband stuff. Like i see now on the advertisements in small print it was just a launch of patch. Disappointing because i kept checking in last night to see if everything was up excited to see what they did for nothing,

1 Like

The warband quest was a pop up quest for me right when I logged in.

I hope you learned a very valuable lesson :slight_smile:

Feels, to me, it should start with a vision, no?

Same. And then for the update to be as buggy as it was on top of that was very disappointing.

I was pretty excited for TWW, because I’d sheltered away on Remix from the community toxicity, but it has infected that mode in the last week or so, and this update sapped what little hype I had left. If TWW doesn’t nail it out of the gate, my sub will end at the end of September, and I’m not going to pay for it again after that.

Even better, this expansion is supposed to be alt friend, any people coming back recently have a years worth of questing to do or they don’t get to see this quest in game, just on YouTube streams. Its bricked behind campaign quests and raids to complete.

I actually did the first part of the Visions quest, with Alleria and Khadgar, earlier today… didn’t got it anywhere tho, was in my quest log when I logged in

It may be that some (many) of us didn’t see the pop up quest, because it was buried under announcements about reset talents, and reset graphics and/or UI settings, and broken addons, and crashing, freezing, and/or getting booted because… more “maintenance”.

I think what you probably did was The Harbinger, which was actually released a month ago, and is the supposed set-up for Visions of Azeroth, (and which is also required to recieve the Visions questline… yep, apparently required on any alt you want to have experience the Visions, too. Not Alt-friendly.)

1 Like

I looked everywhere for the quest yesterday.

Figured after 30 minutes of running around Dalaran/searching wowhead etc. that it wouldn’t be until next week.

The wording really threw me off. This patch really is something lol.

1 Like

Most of the update and the time was about the warband conversions which I think happened offline. That was a big exercise. The warband bank still not functioning 2 days after it was due does not bode well for expansion release. I’ve been doing some transmog runs just for something to do and test out. Having to click on most new items to get the transmog is painful. I am also getting achievements for things I’ve already done and reputation notifications for reputation that is exalted - very confusing.

I had the quest for the warbank pop up when I first logged on.

If it follows the same pattern as early beta you should get a quest pop-up next week to go to silithus (portal to caverns and skyride across) and then legion dalaran (you are offered a portal after finishing the silithus quests). There’s a room in dalaran for the event with three portals which will be packed - one to duskwallow (onyxia), one to searing gorge (ragnaros) and one to dragonblight (lich king). There’s a daily quest you need to get for the currency. No idea if the daily is for your warband or each toon. Each event lasts up to 30 mins - the portals indicate which event is active.

Yep, exactly this, I thought it was the quest, sorry