Where does Classic end and Retail begin?

Yes, I’ve given up and you should to of ever trying to capture what we had a decade + ago. Classic world of Warcraft isn’t bringing in 10-18 year olds (fresh gamers) like it did back in 2004-2010… it’s a niche game in a sense and that’s why we now have all these 20-35 year old min maxers that know the game inside out.

Back then there was a cool sense of when you discovered something new because the information wasn’t readily available as it is now.

The Dark Portal. None of the expansions are Classic WoW.

2 Likes

Yes… What classic wow is truly missing is… 10 year olds? Take a seat right there… Im just gonna call my buddy Chris…

Yikes

My son is 8 years old and he plays, I remember playing world of Warcraft in middle school. Yes the game is missing young kids to carry on its legacy…

i pretty much quit classic Vanilla right after hitting 60 just due to seeing nothing but Booster Spam/GDKP then again with TBCC then came back to level up some toons in before the Wrath pre patch get some legacy stuff

The game is 20 years old… Pretty sure it’s legacy is pretty well established.

Whats the real reason youre sad about the lack of 10 year olds???

Classic MoP is gonna be amazing.

1 Like

its funny to like i know HR Runs existed back in the day so did GDKPs but never to this level cant even join a random Grp in LFG / General or whatever chat channel have you without someone reserving something like god forbid you don’t get your item the first time it drops actual Classic wow didn’t have this crazy level of instant gratification

For me personally, classic died when Azeroth was destroyed at the start of Cata.

3 Likes

It didn’t happen in single expansion, there were steps.
RDF
LFR/mythic cut community in four pieces
specs that slice classes in three losing all the utility for hybrids
Weapon damage and speed became irrelevant and weapon now just stat sticks, part of overall stat pool in retail
Endless daily chores
Crosservers
Now every patch in retail completely deletes all previous content from relevancy (people in TBC still run Kara, ZA, farming phoenix) instead of expansion doing that

I dont see why it couldnt happen. If they dont want to support classic anymore, its a way to save peoples efforts

Yeah I agree. I’ll be honest I don’t like gdkp’s but I understand why others like it and I do participate in them more actively than other forms of pugs because of the fact I either get gold, or loot or sometimes both. It’s a good win win. ICC mind you had gkps, remember Susan express lol. I think it’s just more prevalent in todays game, sadly.

For me Cata was a grand time launched with 4 raids decent dungeons new sundered azeroth and flying in azeroth

lol People still do those things for only 2 things some Fresh ppl getting badges or ppl trying to sell runs to fresh ppl or ppl with alts and tons of gold lol

But they are relevant enough for people to do it, right?

spoken like a true paladin.

what’s that even mean lol

First, we need:

• Vanilla only realms that will always be available and won’t progress to TBC.
  • TBC only realms that will always be available and won’t progress to WotLK.
  • WotLK only realms that will always be available and won’t progress to Cata.

Then, they can consider other expansions, seasonal realms, or classic+.

3 Likes

we do have those. They are completely empty

How do I join?