Where did the Primalists come from?

My question isn’t about the Primal dragons but the mortal races that make up the Primalist forces. Where on earth did they come from? Were they the last dregs of the Twilight’s Hammer that somehow learned of the Primals? How did they learn of the Dragon’s in the first place? I am still in the first zone so maybe these questions are answered but right now its frustrating me.

2 Likes

I had these questions too

And there are currently no real answers, we only have theory and speculation to their origins as of now.

2 Likes

Maybe if/when we learn more about Kurog we’ll get answers. I’ve only done Waking Shore so far so can’t comment on further zones.

3 Likes

I dont think we’ve gotten any real confirmation of who they are and where they came from. My initial guesses/thoughts from the short story we got so far, some of the first few quests, and how the Primals are connected to the world its more or less the same way we got there.

We have Kurog at the wedding who clearly knows something is up or is on to something already before the Flights leave for the Isles. Given he’s a Grimtotem and their general connection to the elements, tauren being fairly strong shaman in general, and Magatha and crew always up to some silly shenanigans, they’ve probably been trying to communicate through the elements for some time now. Between the Cataclysm that knocked MoP’s mists away, a giant sword stabbing the planet, a few more Old God shenanigans, its likely any prisons or restraints the Flights had on the Primals weakened allowing these people to talk to them, or at least Raszageth, either directly or through some elemental medium.

So I think we’re kinda looking at a Twilight Cultist situation where they were always in the background, maybe had some secret meetings, and then bam! Here we are in the old world causing problems in pre-patch, while some also probably took a boat to the Dragon Isles a little ahead of us, cause they dont seem that entrenched yet. Just occupying ruins more or less.

7 Likes

It’s very annoying how little we know, and I doubt we’ll learn much more any time soon. Beta has been out for a while, so it’s not like questing in the higher-level zones is a real mystery.

It’s frustrating because the Incarnates were imprisoned so long ago that it’s basically impossible for there to be any mortal memory that they ever existed. The Storm-Eater actually makes a big deal to Wrathion about how Alexstrasza erased all memory of them.

So… Someone must have told Kurog about them, but who? I feel like answering that question would go a long way towards explaining their origins.

4 Likes

Seeing as Kurog is a shaman, the elementals, a prince probably, most likely to him about raszagath and the other incarnates

But that’s just a theory of mine.

2 Likes

The last dregs of anything replenish into full armies every couple months. It’s the Warcraft way.

2 Likes

To be fair the Twilight cultists have been off of everyone’s radar for almost a decade in game.

2 Likes

Considering that Kurog is Grimtotem, it wouldn’t surprise me if we eventually learned that it was Magatha who somehow uncovered the secret of the Primal Incarnates. It’d be fitting for her to discover such powers and begin quietly orchestrating a revival of the Primalists in the shadows.

4 Likes

It’s true everything in leveling has been covered but I don’[t think the level cap questlines were in the beta actually, they’re still a big question mark.

Unless we encounter Earthen, Tol’vir, or Gnomes, this was not the Titanforged’s fault. :robot:

The Troggs were also a mistake but they’re mostly harmless to the people of Azeroth.