Primalists Questions

So two things thing that I find myself curious on is exactly how the modern Primalists came to be and how exactly Kurog Grimtotem knew of Raszageth and where to go to free her?

Because it all just feels very random to me, with my best guess being elements spoke to them or something.

Were my questions explained and I just missed it?

1 Like

It does feel like another instance of a big bad showing up for reasons. While the writers spend time developing story for the Dracthyr which people barely care for. We are headed for another bunch of bad guys who have a massive place in the story but it is never explored or explained.

1 Like

It could have been the elements themselves, after N’Zoth was defeated the elements became chaotic and refused to answer the calls of the shaman. This was in Shadows Rising. The elements are currently not in harmony but we don’t really know why that is, but we can probably assume that it was the direct result of Azeroth being injured and her possibily having to consume spirit to restore her life force.

Alternatively, if could have been relating to the Old Gods themselves. Cho’gal had shamans under him and they were consuming elements to become “Elemental Ascendants” When the Grimtotem where exiled to Stonetalon Mountains they could have learned this from the Twilight’s Hammer who were also there. During that time Balnazzar may have been masqurading as a Twilight Prophet at the same time. The Twilight’s Hammer were somewhat responsible for Cairne’s death, and they were influencing the events that lead to his death but stoking conflict between the Alliance and Horde. This was in Prelude to Cataclysm.

There’s only two forces on Azeroth who would have ancient information like where the Primal Incarnates are locked up servants of the Titans and servants of the Old Gods.

2 Likes

That would make sense, and it wouldn’t be the first time Blizzard has reframed events to suit the current story they want to tell. side eyes War3 and the Jailer.

1 Like

It’s also likely that some of the elementals do view the titans and their work as a stain on what is considered their world, since they were here first and went behind the backs of the Elemental Lords and empowered their own dragons to strike at the Aspects, since the elementals couldn’t do so themselves.

And since proto drakes are descended from the elementals, it makes sense they have a really strong connection with their kin.

1 Like

This would be cool if true but I doubt blizzard will give us any actual insight. Probably just going to be more quests to help tuskarr fix some fishing nets or help dummy centuar romance other dummy centuar.

2 Likes

While that’s not a bad idea, I think it has the problem of power levels.

The Old Gods defeated and enslaved the elemental lords. Then the Titans easily defeated the Old Gods - in direct combat, I mean. Meaning the elemental lords are far weaker than the Titans, so anyone they empower would logically be weaker than those the Titans empower.

On the other hand, was it the Titan keepers or the Titans themselves who empowered the Aspects?

1 Like

It was the Titans themselves who blessed the keepers through the Titan Keepers. Sargeras murdered the Titans at one point and their souls were somehow saved by sending their souls to reside in the Titan Keepers for a bit, it was during this time the Aspects were made.

1 Like