Where did AIE go?

So, I played for a few weeks on that floating island in SL, and one week when SL launched, but I was still a regular player in BFA, and my guild Alea Iacta Est was, well not what it was in Legion, but is was still alive.
I logged on tonight. I was the only one on. It’s Friday night! Did it die when our founder Scott Johnson killed off the Instance? Did Shadowlands finally kill us? I thought a bunch of folks had returned for Dragonflight. I mean, I’m giving it a try. I joined that guild in BC. I’d kinda like to know what ultimately happened, if anyone is left to reply. IF there was a mass migration, where did we go, I’ll follow.

Also, browsing around, Holy crap, the WHOLE server is empty now?

1 Like

Unfortunately, from what I’ve gathered, Earthen Ring is in a pretty bad spot. The same thing happened with me when I returned to DF and logged into ER. Though when I logged in the guild was remained to ‘Just a Memory’ and a Guild Message indicated which server they jumped-ship to.

Are there any indications in gchat that might help? Maybe one of the officers has a toon with raider io linked to their current main?

as I suspected about ER. Good suggestions too, I’ll see if any officers are left. But heres the big question, because I do like RP, thought I never lived and breathed it, I’d like the option. For someone who plays almost exclusively Horde, if it comes down to a server transfer of toons, Moonguard or Wyrmrest?

Suggestions?

Moonguard is a heavy alliance server, but last I knew there was a dedicated horde side. Wyrmrest I think is much more even on factions iirc.

Though, I haven’t done intensive RP in forever. I attempted to level a toon on MG, but just didn’t have motivation really. I’ve gotten in the PvE grind recently.

The one tip I hear from all my RP friends is to make sure you find a guild on which ever RP sever. That will help you jump right into it.

EDIT: Also, of course, make sure to have TRP3 add-on downloaded.

EDIT 2: Oh, also, check with the guild ‘Valor’ on ER. Their GM has posted in the ER forums several time. I know their guild has kind of offered sanctuary to several remaining members on ER. They might have information.

2 Likes

wow, that’s a lot of helpful info, much appreciated. I’ll dig into it.

There’s several AIE co-guilds, so with members being split up between them , it isn’t too surprising to be the only one online at times. This wouldn’t have been the case in years past, but ER is just dead in general now. A merge has been overdue for at least a few years now.

1 Like