Where can I meet people OOCly?

Hiya, I’ve been meaning to find people to talk with and maybe brainstorm ideas/characters! Trouble is, I haven’t been able to make any connections that just stick. I have a wonderful guild, but I’m still seeking something more. An RP partner, or something of the like. I suppose I’m making this post to see who would be interested, but also advice as to find people that would be interested. Been looking at the discord servers, but they seem to be centered around a single theme rather than general connections. Any advice would be welcome.

3 Likes

I know the Horde side LFRP community is slow, but if you haven’t tried that yet, you should. If you have tried it, I suggesting trying again.

The forums are a good place for that too. Talk a bit about your character and folks are sure to comment, maybe they’d wanna RP with you or talk or some such, but friendships aren’t built at the snap of a finger. Be prepared to do a bit of work on that front.

1 Like

I’m going to caveat this by saying I haven’t gotten into the RP scene much since coming here to WrA and that’s been a while.

Most of the time when I would go looking for random RP and people to meet, I would visit some of the RP bars that many of the old-school RP guilds hosted back in the day. I don’t know if there are groups/individuals doing that these days, either Horde or Alliance, but that is something to consider starting if not. (Though it could suck if you prefer being more of a passive observer rather than in the middle of a zillion people trying to get your attention)

Anyway, I would see a LOT of forum and game RP generated by those player-made venues.

that sounds great, how can I join it?

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ah-lfrp-the-in-game-community/696658

:slight_smile:

I clicked the “Guild & Communities” button, then clicked “Find a Community” in the left hand banner, and then searched (see attached).

You may have to scroll through some weirdness to get there, but I expect horde side has something similar to what I found Ally-side.

Ally WrA LFRP community

The server discord isn’t theme specific and it’s super active: https://discord.gg/nhYgPEZ

I’ll have to ensure the recruitment post is still active for that way of joining. I’ll check it out hordeside. Thanks!

I’d just give a head’s up about WRA-D because the moderation team is a little dicey when it comes to actually handling peoples issues, concerns, and one of them is generally kind of nasty.

2 Likes

No, I am going to have to say “Red flag” on this…

See, its things like this that you say …

“Oh yeah great idea sounds like fun”
“Sure one drink”
“Hey how come I just woke up in a bathtub packed in ice”
“Where did my organs go”

1 Like

I’ve had a totally different experience. Someone posted something last week that was a very popular opinion people have, but an extremely disturbing one on the other hand, and the mods nuked it when prompted about it.

They’re very selective about what they choose to moderate or not and sometimes it’s bad. It’s def a problem. Human error mostly, but they’re not unbiased and that’s the root of the issue, especially when the bias they do have is questionable at best.

1 Like

(or when one of the moderators is a nurse and boasts/admits to abusing a patient lol)

1 Like

Tbf I ignore most of that discord and I definitely ignore the mods. Just hanging out and chasing clout and event leads to post on LFRP calendar