Where are the Rogues with Alpha Access

15 posts on the Alpha thread and we got our trees before most specs. I understand they came out the gate looking solid but there are still many concerns that need to be addressed. And we need you to share those concerns with Blizzard. Seriously, 1 post every new patch doesnt cut it.

Sin Rogue still lacks on aoe (where is Echoing Blades and connections between the aoe talents)
Sub sucks on cleave (also bring back Goremaws. Almost everyone got their artifact ability back by this time)
Outlaw also has a lot of people giving feedback here (shoutout to the guy who gave the RtB choice node suggestion but no idea for the other ability)

If you have Alpha speak up more. Even if its to tell Blizz to give actual rogues alpha access.

2 Likes

I have alpha and don’t even play it. Testing stuff this early, especially numbers wise is a waste of time

2 Likes

Youre supposed to be testing the systems. Not looking at numbers.

The problems we are listing are all problems with the system. Literally no one is talking numbers

9 Likes

Well go use your powers to bless or grief the class then because they listen to every demand in the alpha thread regardless of skill level. Somebody cried about having to press M4D so they swapped it to the other side of the tree, people cried that they have to press Shadowdance so they removed it from RB and gutted Nightsalker.

3 Likes

I’m in the alpha, but cannot post in the alpha forum yet. Rogues aren’t going to get attention though if they don’t bleat. They absolutely pay a lot more attention to better represented classes. Unfortunately, the smaller population of rogue players reifies this.

I’ve mostly played around with Assassination, albeit in leveling content. It’s fine, but it doesn’t feel any more interesting or nuanced than on live, just a lot more points to allocate without really being able to tell what’s happening, because we have no meters. And that’s a big problem with the system anyway, because damage numbers are the vast majority of what assassination’s talent choices affect, and that isn’t particularly interesting.

I remain convinced that this revamp was a bad idea, and it’s going to confuse and alienate a lot of players.

1 Like

Well I don’t have any data to confirm or deny it, but my subjective point of view considers this kind of reasoning, at least for now. At wowhead I regularly read about another tweak and change to hunter class tree, I’m jealous of how expanded shaman, druid, warlock, priest and warrior class trees are.
I just hope this is only the begining, like devs informed, and we’ll see many other changes and tests. It’s alpha non the less.
I would be disappointed if rogue class tree tests will end by changing the names from “X [NYI]” to “X” which was the last thing devs changed.

And don’t get me wrong, I’m pretty excited and happy seeing all the changes, new class tree and stuff, but I want to be assured, the other gameplay choices will be really there, not only on paper.

Ty for this. It was good insight. Didnt know you could have alpha and not be able to post.

As long as both debuff shiv and SnD exist simultaneously i just dont think Sin will feel good to play. Shiv by itself extremely lowers Sins flexibility in encounters. Having to keep up SnD through Envenom (instead of rupture as well) just amplifies it. At least the aoe wont be absolute dog water.

You can see it just by looking at M+ run data. Rogue is the least played class by far. Its logical to think that follows in raid as well considering it doesnt bring any raid utility.

1 Like

I got alpha yesterday, if anyone wants to duel and test out some burst builds I’d be down. I don’t really care for PvE so I can’t say how I feel in regards to that, once PvP servers roll though I’ll probably queue a bunch of skirms.

4 Likes

Edit: Can’t post on Alpha forums yet, sorta a bummer, especially considering the last post on the rogue thread was 10 days ago. From what I’ve seen though looking at the talents I really don’t care for what I’ve seen, I’m hoping time in the chair playing it will change my mind. We’ll see though!

Well for one blizzard needs to stick Soothing Darkness in place of Improved Sap. Useless as talent.

1 Like

I can get on board with that, I think that should even extend to Shiv and Blind. At the end of the day we’re rogues, you would think the introductory talents would involve adding flavor to stealth. I’d honestly rather have the garrote bleed over shiv, at least it can be used to keep rogues and druids out of stealth. Shiv is just bleh unless you or sin, 20% extra effects on crippling or mind-numbing is kinda lame. Then there’s the enrage dispel… lol

1 Like

I say they change Premeditation on Sub to work like it does for Sin (Cut to the chase) But instead of envenom make it Eviscarate instead. I mean its the same ability just changed for Sin

I like the extra cps I get when I already do have SnD up though :confused:

1 Like

Maybe a mix of both :woman_shrugging:t3: Like eviscarate add 2sec per combo point while Shadow add more combo point if we have SnD active

Sub rogue seems more bug-ridden than AQ-40. Can’t stack talents if they are in a different trees, meaning can’t have two dances or deepers. Perforated veins isn’t applied on Shadowstrikes, Shadowed Finishers is just straight up not working, and Replicating Shadows is still NYI lol.

1 Like

Oi, you don’t deserve alpha with a mindset like that tbh, this is a critical phase where testing & feedback is vital especially regarding talent trees

Numbers tuning is miles off but if you have alpha right now and are not even testing things, give it to someone who will

4 Likes

Or at least do us the favor of sharing our frequently posted thoughts with the braindead dev in charge of our class that has a hard on for outlaw.

1 Like

Our current class dev literally mains Sin/Sub but okay :joy:. Don’t see where you’re seeing Outlaw favortism in Dragonflight when they continue to gut it any time they’ve updated the trees. They dedicated our left hand side of the tree into an ambush build and them completely killed it because a few lfr players complained that they have to hit Shadowdance, simply made the tree worse in general, and nerfed Blade Flurry back down to the completely worthless value of 40%.

3 Likes

This was warranted. Idk how anyone thought itd be ok for outlaw to be able to use shadow dance as often as sub rogue.

Youre literally complaining bout numbers tuning right here like its not well known thats all done last.

The fact that these are your complaints about the outlaw tree when the sin and sub trees have much more glaring and detrimental issues proves my point in all honesty.

1 Like

Nah. I’ll just drink the tears

1 Like