Where are the fun topics?

I…

I stopped playing by the time N’zoth patch was released, not THAT long ago, but long enough. I used to enter the forums and post at least 1 thing a day, usually more…

I only recently came back…now all I see are complain topics or game requests…where are all the fun/chill/joke/etc topics gone? ._.

2 Likes

What kind of fun topics? “Character above you” topics?

These are dark times my friend. All jubilance has been forsaken in favour of violent conniptions.

Viking Santa still has beer though. :beer:

2 Likes

Nobody misses the “High Elf Megathread #43701

1 Like

I guess those could count yes…though, tbh, i’m not entirely sure myself what I’M talking about…I just feel …somethings gone. Not sure what.

Not finding appealing topics that bring a smile on my face or make me wanna answer …dunno, dont mind me I guess .

Part of it has to do with fun threads being shuttled into off-topic before they can really get going.

the old forum is gone. I’m not sure if these things have anything to do with each other but around the same time they got rid of down votes a whole lot of people decided that this was going to be their social media platform of choice.

now instead of talking about the game or fun transmogs or whatever. it’s mostly now just trolls posting nonsense and bad-faith garbage to try and stir the pot and the people that complain about it.

There are often some, but sometimes they get derailed because they don’t drop endgame loot.

I often find them more entertaining than the people discussing Top DPS, meta specs, raid addons, or any of that stuff. They are all trying to yell louder than everyone else, even though Blizzard devs will likely not see any of it here.

Erect Trolls

5 Likes

Thanks, needed that xD

There’s no more fun topics because none of have a sense of humor any more & we have to constantly involve real world politics in every thing because we take ourselves & every thing too seriously.

Now being serious there’s some that come up every day or so, just have to keep an eye because you never know what the name of the topic will be.

Fun is against the forum rules. Fun is a reportable offense around here.

For whatever reason people make it a point to be cruel to each other on here. There’s a number of people I can look at their name and know instantly their post is going to be negative or involve some kind of personal attack. It’s sad. At least with some of the realm forums you can have serious discussions and light hearted posting without having to worry about people swarming in with negativity. Toxicity is, unfortunately, almost encouraged at this point.

1 Like

There’s no moral grandstanding value to be derived from those topics. Now you only get to choose between Twitter approved subjects that the moderator finds pleasing, lest you get your posts deleted without even so much as a flag.

The complain threads ARE the fun threads now.

2 Likes

Class forums, mostly. Blizzard apparently asks people who unsub to post why they left so everyone comes to GD to complain.

Anyone else think those should be redirected to the Support forums?

1 Like

hey :wave: Right! Just 6 weeks ago there was still :cookie: :pizza: :four_leaf_clover: chili fries - Then poof! Just when I was starting to get into it :frog:

The class forums can be very clique-ish, and just as bad as GD.