Where are the Blood Elf customization updates for 10.2?

So, the roadmap for 10.2 says “Blood Elf customizations” as a notable feature of the patch, but so far all we’ve gotten are a couple of extra hair colors. Is this really it? I figured we would at least get some better facial hair options for the males.

2 Likes

This is all they’re doing, yeah. Blizzard is really content to give people scraps every couple of months instead of sitting some devs down to design things for everyone.

For some reason anything more than recycled hair colors requires a questline and Epic Lore Moments.

5 Likes

Woulda been nice to have at least our box art like night elves have their box art options.

I’d recommend taking a look at the main customization thread for ideas or discussion points though

7 Likes

I’m hoping we end up getting more before the patch goes live given everything we’ve had to share with Void Elves and just getting four new hair colors is highly underwhelming, not to mention as the High Elven race we have so many different themes we can dip into for more customizations like San’layn, Arcane, Light, Felblood, even Nature since eventually we will gain the Druid and Shaman classes so the possibilities are endless.

4 Likes

I’d like to have tattoos and scars at least, but it seems to be just the four hair colors.

4 Likes

At the back of the line so all the other neglected races can get a flumping turn.

So says the Orc that has some of the most customizations.

It was hair colors. That’s it.

As much as I would like to see more customizations as a belf main I really do hope they give a bunch of the other races more love before they give it to us because some of the races are so lacking that we could add customizations of a couple of them together and they’d still have less than belves…

Ultimately I want to see a ton more options for all the races, but I do still think belf customizations are far less important than so many others atm

5 Likes

Male Belves are near the bottom of the list with the allied races that haven’t gotten anything yet.

2 Likes

Ok then, I’ll restate it on my DI.

1 Like

Ah, that’s fair, I haven’t ever created a male character so I was unaware of this imbalance. Thank you for the clarification :slight_smile:

Dark Iron need them but they are still on the pass for regular races. And still have not finished those.

Female Belves are mid list with customizations. Male Belves near the bottom. This whole idea that we have the most customizations needs to stop.

1 Like

i can’t help but laugh super hard when they show a patch with just like 2 hair colors… lmao just bring out the dang color wheel

2 Likes

I would absolutely love that since even friends of mine can create stuff like this for me and for fun in a matter of minutes so I’m sure Blizzard could as well.

4 Likes

Looking through some of the races and comparing has only taught me one thing - we all need to catch up to human customization. I didn’t look through all the races because lazy but I did flip through 4 on each side that were roughly equivalent to release timing. I’m sure I’d find other patterns if I checked them all but, again, lazy. For transparency I did consider toggles as two options in a single category

Like I said though, I’d honestly like to just see a ton more options for all the races. Maybe some actual sliders for various things as well as color gradients for things like skin and hair colors

• Female belf - 117 options across 12 categories
  • Male belf - 94 options across 8 categories

• Female orc - 116 options across 13 categories
  • Male orc - 135 options across 17 categories

• Female nightborne - 115 options across 18 categories
  • Male nightborne - 119 options across 18 categories

• Female maghar - 74 options across 9 categories
  • Male maghar - 75 options across 12 categories

• Female dark iron - 56 options across 7 categories
  • Male dark iron - 59 options across 8 categories

• Female human - 193 options across 11 categories
  • Male human - 153 options across 11 categories

• Female draenei - 114 options across 11 categories
  • Male draenei - 117 options across 11 categories

• Female void elf - 89 options across 9 categories
  • Male void elf - 94 options across 9 categories

Here’s a list of the customization combinations for male and female of the races

Ooh, someone actually went through and calculated all the permutations? Do we know if it takes into account that certain things can’t be selected at the same time? Regardless, love seeing the numbers like this!

I wonder if Izzabelle is still subbed to ask that.

If not I might have a new project… lol

1 Like