Where are the Alliance raiders?

Where is the Alliance and the raider?
Where is the progression that was happening?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow.
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.
…How did it come to this?

Came back to power level some alts while pvp settles down in classic… what happened to the alliance?

It seems so lonely even on high pop servers,

1 Like

People transferred to ez mode.

24 Likes

They went to the horde, where there are more raiders to play together.
If there are still raiders in the alliance, they will soon head to Horde, where there are more players, for years.

It’s a downward and irreversible spiral right now.

6 Likes

Come play with us friend. Come to the horde.

5 Likes

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

4 Likes

I suppose its time for my pilgrimage since im cautiously optimistic about shadow lands… what is a good horde server illidan or area 52?

At this rate ill have a 50% warmode bonus. Jeez.

12 Likes

Play Alliance on Oceanic, that is 50% increase for still dominating the Horde.

Oceanic/Frostmourne. Top 2 ally guilds from here.

Nah, poor guys should have their own bonus stats tied to their population.

2 Likes

Which shard set are you on? The Wrymrest/Moon-Guard one has the Horde world quests getting trolled on a continuous basis from Alliance with stupid high stats. Seriously can’t even do the Drustvar invasion quests right now. There are Alliance kill raids rolling between all the quests.

I honestly don’t know but I also don’t do world quests.

Oceania here too. Alliance dominated maps/guild/raid progression. Frostmourne being your best bet.

Recently came back from Horde side… oh boy was it hard being red. Can’t do a rare monster quest in Mechagon in WM. Liked the fast dungeon queues though.

Its because the RP realms have a single shared shard, and moonguard is heavy alliance while wymrest is bit more balanced but leaning horde.

2 Likes

Moonguardians are scary.

1 Like

Nah we fun people mostly, and goldshire crap is for all the off server tourists I swear that get board on their pve realms.

1 Like

I was a raid leader from Dragon Soul thru Battle of Dazar’alor. Same group. I canceled the raid starting with 8.2.

As much as I do like raiding and playing with a set group to work through content over time, BfA doesn’t incentivize doing so properly.

There’s no power progression reason to do it when you can get the same level of gear as Heroic Raiding slightly slower by doing world content or get kitted out entirely in a single week by spamming Mythic+.

At the end of the day, I need 2 things for me to feel like I’m not wasting my time with content:

1. I have to enjoy myself
  2. I have to get rewarded for my time

I can get #1 from other sources, so if it doesn’t also have #2, why do it?

Raiding was only offering 1 and dropping the dedicated time blocks from my life when that’s the case was too appealing.

I figure you’re probably mostly referring to Mythic Raiding here, but figured I’d drop my thoughts. My point is mostly just that raid participation is probably down in general, not just on Alliance (although it’s true that people who care about higher end content are migrating to Horde).

2 Likes

nah, dat mechagnome racial is all about pulling some horde back over to alliance becuase you already know it’s gonna be an all mechagnomes raid that drops world first nyalotha mythic. where the elite go, the peasants will follow.

1 Like

People quit bfa or faction swapped to actually have allies to raid with.

Simply put.

Some of you crack me up in instance chat.