Whenever I see requests for Tuskarr

Yes. Released in the one expansion that heavily featured us. We had the horde capital even.

I do wish they’d make Talanji a regular character though, I like her more than most NPCs.

3 Likes

Mechagnomes took far less resources to make.

Tuskarr would never work as an allied race due to the time, resources, and money that would be required.

While Mechagnomes are just Gnomes with mecha parts on them abd limited customization and transmog options. They’re also one of the least played races which proves my point.

They aren’t the same.

Resources are better spent elsewhere and based off player trends, players prefer pretty races by far. It’s why High Elves are still the #1 requested race and have proof of concept that players would play High Elves in droves. Just like they did with Blood and Void Elves.

1 Like

Excuse me i just made this dude and i love him

6 Likes

Idk what world you live in…but most folk have way more characters than 3. If I had to devote myself to only three characters I’d lose interest in the game as that’s idk…dumb… I like to experiment and see what play styles I enjoy as classes get buffed so i got at least one character of every class. Am i an altaholic…no not really I just don’t see the point in not trying something new now and then to see if I enjoy the class or not. I’m sure I’m not alone in this fact as well

5 Likes

i want to play tuskarr

i do not want to play dwarf flavor 1 2 or the soon to be added 3

2 Likes

Kul Tirans aren’t popular. If anything, they reinforced in the eyes if Blizzard that making races like that wasn’t worth the overall cost. As they just aren’t well received by the playerbase.

Meanwhile Void Elves are the most played Allied Race despite having no lore, no capital, no home, no reputation, no zone, and the least effort put in. Behind them are Vulpera, who at least got a zone dedicated to them.

Let that sink in.

3 Likes

I prefer to think of us as “foxy”

1 Like

LOL. I see what you did there :slight_smile:

https://wowanalytica.com/statistics/region/us

Pandaren are more popular than Draenei even. Vulpera just made the top 10. I am sad about Dwarf and Gnome though.

3 Likes

Blizzard literally said it at Blizzcon that the average player uses 1-3 characters.

If you’re playing more than that regularly then you’re not the average player.

I’m inclined to agree. You will have a handful of people who make a Tuskarr, but not many. Same with Ogres, unless they are just like HUGE, bigger than Highmountain. Most people don’t want to play an ugly race, as shown by the Elves and Humans being the most popular, head and shoulders (hehe) above Gnomes, Dwarves and Goblins and the like.

5 Likes

Glad to see another thinking logically about this.

1 Like

Gnolls would get some more love than that I think, although probably mostly only from people that play Worgen or who like Worgen but don’t play Alliance.

But realistically, yeah I kind of doubt that any race that isn’t an attractive and human-like race will be super popular with the near-majority of players who are playing Elves or Humans.

I just don’t see it. They’re ugly and most transmogs would look bad on them.

Maybe if we got the Hulk Gnolls…

If Tuskarr’s had a racial of 100% swim speed I bet you would be really wrong about people playing them…

1 Like

I’ll just ride my fish mount.

I would change to a tuskgarr in a heartbeat and never look back

No offense to anyone who really really really wanted to play a high elf, but that would be giga lame, super low effort offering. If they turned around at a Blizzcon or gameshow and were like ‘And in Midnight we will finally be joined by the High Elves!’ that would get a groan from me.

How would a playable high elf differ from a void or blood elf with blue eyes? Earthen is already a somewhat strange choice, but they’re fairly different and they said they would be larger than OG/Dark Iron so, there’s that.

5 Likes

Maybe for some, but you cannot deny that many would make a High Elf.

1 Like

They’re more of an animal/beast race than a “pure ugly” one like undead or troll. And I’m guessing that there’d be a pretty solid amount of Worgen, Tauren, and maybe Vulpera players that might be interested in them.

Can’t argue with you about the mogs though. Worgen and Tauren have wretched mog options. Though dwarves come with their own problems too.

All of these things come from a minority of edge lord mash-up nihilist.

They’re fighting traditionalism more than anything else.