When will we get NEW CONTENT instead of new raids/dungeons?

That’s kind of what expansions are for…?

Could bring scenarios back. Those were fun.

1 Like

This is why you play more than one game.

Dude Scenarios were AWESOME and they give blizzard an opportunity to tell story content in short form if they want to go that route. I LOVED those.

We wouldn’t need those stupid novels if we had them back.

And compared to the entire subscriber count and the many who would not show in such sites because they don’t raid at all?

Obviously it only represents those those that use the forums, but even Blizzard’s “what game mode do you play” poll had modern raiding (keyword modern, as classic raiding is higher than dragonflight raiding) as the lowest done activity on either classic or modern WoW (3% less then world content)

And those that would prefer casual non-instanced play would also be more likely not to use the forums and just play the game to participate in the poll.

3 Likes

In today’s economy and era of job/real life commitments, people just aren’t attracted to a game mode that takes multiple hours to complete with potentially zero payoff for time invested.

1 Like

What they can do is create a lot of quest in the original zones for the new xpac…I would have loved getting a quest going back to duskwood and do something…could you imagine…that was would be wicked…

I’d like a new BG, doesn’t have to be a new game mode, just a new map would be cool.

That poll was the biggest troll job Blizz pulled all year. No actual control for alts/accounts and people will be quoting it for years.

2 Likes

Pre-poll:
Person 1: Game mode A is the most played, and B is the least played
Person 2: That’s just personal opinion there is nothing showing that

Post-poll:
Person 1: Heres a poll showing (at least far as the forum) roughly what people prefer
Person 2: That means nothing, people can alt vote

No matter what data is shown some group will always try to discredit any given measurement. Could it have been done in a way that prevents alt votes? Sure, does that discredit it as a rough measure (noone said it was exact, as for example, a large portion of players that play casually would likely not use the forums and just play) since every preferred game modes players have equal opportunity to alt vote? No.

6 Likes

Moving goalposts is every internet debaters favorite pasttime it seems. God himself could come down and tell people theyre wrong on something and theyd still argue hes not a good enough source.

1 Like

That would be incredibly amusing to see the attempted arguments in that hypothetical scenario though.

Alt voting is a substantial concern with that data set. The forums are also a portion of the player base, and geographically isolated unless you ram this in every language the game is Avila le in? I’m not saying the conclusions couldn’t be accurate, but your opinion founded in highly suspect data accuracy can be compromised. If a conclusion is accurate, I would attribute that to luck more than concrete evidence.

Dealing with this exact issue real life in my town currently. Circulating a survey to a very vocal minority when it comes to the towns finances and people are trying to call it indicative of the towns whole opinion. The distribution is flawed, the questions are flawed and lead to a bias, and data is going to be useless to decision makers on planning a future course of action.

At least the 3rd party websites are tracking progress or achievements, outside of opinion. You either completed the content or didn’t. It’s about as blind of an assessment as we are going to get outside of internal blizzard play metrics.

3 Likes

Im doing legion druid Balance of Power major questline. There is weeks of timegating content for you!

Torghast and Horrific visions are waiting for you.

That’s probably the worst bit of content in the game.

It was incredibly easy. Alts already had exalted in legion for all reps because I had plethora of tokens from legion table to send to alts. And back in legion I was doing emissaries for lego chances and was passively doing paragon boxes.

After that the raid clearing was just your typical transmog runs for tier 19 appearances (EN/NH raids).

Worst form of content was horrific vision socket farming and anything pvp related in SL.

Regardless if the rep part was easy or the content itself was easy, the fact you had to do weeks of work on every. single. toon. is ridiculous.

That’s why you run multiple classes per week. I did mine in batches of like 2-4 classes. Do things in parallel not in series.