When will Blizzard respond to the Consecration Bug?

For anyone raiding in Classic, you know how important debuff slots are on a boss. Consecration "incorrectly" counts as a debuff This thread has gone unanswered for almost a month now. This is a HUGE issue. Why won’t you give us any feedback Blizzard? Why won’t you address the elephant in the room? The worst dps raiding spec in the game is ALSO a burden on a raid by wiping off important boss debuff slots? Ret paladins are DOOMED as a raid spec if you do not fix this. Please, please, do not remain silent on this.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this was known from the start.

8 Likes

NOOOOOO RIP RET, I like how that dude made a level 10 named pleasefix just to create that thread though lol

I was impressed by the effort put in to verify this situation, and just cannot understand why there’s been no response to it.

Maybe they will patch it when BGs release :grimacing:

Yes. Right along with the other 9,999 bugs that they haven’t addressed.

1 Like

I’m concerned that the next layer of content will bury this topic. Because, yes, there are many bugs. Welcome to the Beta!!

1 Like

How much evidence do we need before we all agree that Blizzard is intentionally neglecting/killing classic? How long before even the bitter clinger fanbois figure it out and realize?

1 Like

I don’t know why raids keep trying to buff their ret paladin dps. He needs to be put in the disc priest group and boomkin group and never switch of sanc aura.

1 Like

Just as soon as they respond to all of the rogue bugs, Druid bugs, hunter bugs, spell batching bugs, hand of justice bug, etc.

Aka probably in about another six months, if ever.

1 Like

they should just increase boss hp and debuff slots so warriors stop crying about deep wounds.

changing the debuff cap on bosses would seriously nerf almost every boss fight in the game, which would require re-tuning many encounters. Much easier for Blizz to just…ya know…RESPOND TO THIS ISSUE.

1 Like

Meh nobody cares about a 15 year old game. #nochanges enjoy ya buggy a$$ nostalgia.

It’s not a 15 year old game it’s a 3 month old game. Why do you think Blizzard should get a pass on not fixing this game? All we hear from them is durrr we dunno’ or complete silence. Maybe they should ask the Nost or Light’s Hope devs to help them out.

Why would you use consecrate on a boss fight? It does very poor damage, and it’s a huge waste of mana if you’re fighting any less than 4 mobs.

If you’re playing a ret paladin as a pure DPS class, you’re playing it wrong. I’m currently leveling my pally in classic (I mained once since 2006.) Here’s what I’m planning when I raid as ret:

1. I’ll be wearing all plate, and specifically, as much pally plate as I can (I want +Int)
  2. I will be beating on mobs and the boss when I can, but that’s not all I’ll do, so I don’t care about being hit-capped
  3. I cast cleanse on my allies whenever I can
  4. If the crap hits the fan, I will start healing
  5. Divine Intervention is always on my bars, and I bring Symbols of Divinity with me to raid
  6. BoP gets used when needed on healers, and taking the talent should be required if you plan to raid as ret
  7. LoH gets used if I feel it’ll help prevent a wipe
  8. Blessing of Salvation is one of the best buffs available in raid situations
  9. If I have a choice between Blessing of Kings or Consecrate, I think Kings would win in terms of usefulness to yourself and the party

I know I won’t be top damage, heals or anything (except maybe cleanses.) But you know, my presence has been known and positively recognized in raids in the past. I’m sure it will be in Classic, too.

In summary - I feel that the current ret paladin guides out there are garbage. There’s no sense trying to “maximize your dps” as ret, as you won’t really see any benefits for it. However, guilds and raid leaders should not exclude them from group activities, as they are incredibly useful, and can save the day.

If you are wiping on any boss in this game because a debuff slot is taken up by concencration… you need to disband the guild and delete every toon in it…

If you think that ret pallys were going to be good or even decent in PVE raiding in classic… you should look above and follow that same advice…

1 Like

Since when do ret pallies even use consecrate in a raid?

3 Likes

Wow - whole lot of toxic there… I don’t recall saying things like wiping, or what expectations I have about paladin performance. In fact, pretty sure i called Ret Paladins “The worst dps raiding spec in the game”. My concern is more along the lines of - “winter is coming…”. Yes, Molten Core is a joke. Not sure if Black Wing Lair will be such a laugh fest, and I’d like as many issues dealt with before a new content patch buries the dev team in new issues. So again, I’m just asking for some simple feedback from Blizzard, please.

If it’s a bug, it should be fixed.

30 raid DPS isn’t very serious though.