When to use Mind Sear with Psychic Link

Does psychic Link change when you use Mind Sear? At how many targets do I use mind sear. Also same question, but if I have Insidious Ire and Idol of N’Zoth.

IMHO Not really. You don’t want to ever want to sit at 2 charges of Mind Blast for very long, but it would be better than capping insanity. Ideally neither happen.

Considering you need the target to have DP active, you probably should not be using this in an AOE situation IMHO.

Not sure IMHO - almost any build I see that actually takes this one is focused toward single target DPS. I doubt it would change your AOE rotation much though.

Mind sear at 3+ targets, otherwise use DP. Unless you have an MD proc then you cast mind sear at 2 targets. Basically, always spend on sear in AOE if u got it unless its 2 then mash DP to hearts content.

1 Like

Your question was a little bit unclear. But you can always use Psychic Link along side with Mind Sear. Psychic Link is pretty much a complement for your AoE damage when Mind Sear is not up (not enough insanity), which is extremely powerful on fortified week. On Tyran week, you can consider dropping Psychic Link and give a little more boost to your ST.

If you are talking about cleave damage - where you have one priority target but you also want to cleave off the main target - then Insidious Ire/Idol of N’Zoth build is a much better option.

When the target count is 3 or less (some people prefer the cutoff to be at 2), you can drop Mind Sear completely.