When to Change your Guild?

Also, if your guild does end up breaking up or a lot of the core members start leaving to other guilds, you have a good chance of getting invited to one of the guilds that they go to if you have a good standing with your current guild.

1 Like

Nah a lot of guilds are 1/8, 2/8, 3/8, 6/8, etc.

Certain bosses are barriers, but we’re still on week 1! Only the very dedicated / hardcore guilds are able to do 8/8 week 1 dude. And even then, many of them needed 4-8 hours to do so. Back in the day, most guilds still couldn’t beat razorgore within the first month. Let alone Vael, or get past the suppression room. Seems like the majority of guilds in classic are already making crazy good progress.

Seeing as you guys went 3/8, you might be able to progress further next week. My guild is in the exact same boat. We wiped on Firemaw a few times before calling it, but next week we’re aiming to come back with a better plan.

Anyway, see how it goes, pump everyone up to bring their A game and try for 4+/8 next week.

I just want to take this time to say:

This thread perfectly highlights exactly why WOW of the past is long gone/forgotten. It’s been literally ONE WEEK - and a guild can’t instantly clear the content so people are ready to jump ship/concerned they are wasting their time.

So, let’s take a moment to reflect:

1. You have MONTHS to clear this place and get bored of it.

2. You ENJOY who you’re playing with

3. They’ve likely geared you up, since you’re a valued raid member, which means they probably didn’t think the moment something went wrong you’d bail.

4. You have problems, but no solutions?

5. Why not give it your all, and be part of the solution and someone they can count on?

2 Likes

3/8 ain’t bad for first try in BWL. The most rewarding thing Classic can offer is finally clearing these instances with your friends. The sense of communal accomplishment is tough to replicate. If you transfer to a top tier guild, you lose out on that excitement entirely. It’s the best part of Classic.

If you like the people in your guild, stick it out and have fun. If you’re not that close to them, consider switching.

There’s no wrong answer, really. Just know what you’re (potentially) missing out on.

2 Likes

I am not raiding in Classic because I am a retired raider of many years. I’m not into the scheduling thing so much right now. I don’t feel motivated to redo that part of the game experience, etc. But I can say that the people and friends I met while raiding in WoW have lasted long past any boss kill, any gear item, any level, any gold, any bragging rights … I can’t even remember that stuff anymore it all blends together. I DO remember the people and the fun times we had together.

Just leave now and save your guild the trouble of dealing with giving you gear and you leaving later.

2 Likes

Just answer one question… What is more important to you… real friends or fake gear?

1 Like

If your guild can go 3/8 they’ll go 8/8 eventually (if not this upcoming week then the week following). The first two bosses are the ones that will break guilds. Maybe the third because it can be real annoying to have to repeat the suppression room before each boss attempt. If you pass them the rest is doable.

The question is whether you want to be a big fish in a small pond or a small fish in a big pond who has a reputation for bailing at the first sign of adversity and thus is a risky investment to any guild interested in raid progression.

If you see better guilds, apply to them. On my main I was in an average guild but I saw better ones and joined those. Getting your gear matters most of all, once you get your gear with not much other prio; you can join better guilds.

1 Like

I suffer from extreme anxiety and its a demon of our own. With open commuication with your guild you can achieve what you all want. Loyalty is very important. I see more guilds looking for the yeah, when we get there get get there. Enjoy and learn and have fun! Wiping is an achievement! It brings out of strengths and weaknesses that much I learned in ages of playing this game. with a guild at least they will tell you that you have tp stuck to your pants. Trolls will only laugh.

1 Like

Firemaw is easy if people pay attention. Make sure DPS does LoS when they get 4 stacks and make sure you do the wing buffet tank swapping correctly. We did firemaw-nefarian with 36 people, weren’t the fastest kills ever but they did go down once the mechanics were understood by everyone.

If you like the people, stick it out. We wiped on him like 5 times but had fun doing it because thats what the game is for, having fun. We also had to kill broodlorde almost 4 times because he kept knocking our gnome tank into an evade glitch and healing back to 80%. Managed to hold out and take him down.

People like the op belong on retail.

Reeelax man. My guild intends to see all the content and were sittig at 4/8 bosses down gonna get to chromag tn at least. The raid JUST came out. It takes time to learn together. If you have 40 consistent peoole willing to put in the time and learn together with the correct rotation spec consumes you will be fine

1 Like

Indeed. The OP reeks of entitled chad. Y’know, the kind of bro that says they’re the best, and could have been in the NFL if they hadn’t been playing for a no-name high school… Yeah. Don’t want them around, even if they’re actually good. Toxic people are death to a guild, even if they are technically proficient and able to do their job on raid night.

2 Likes

Actually, the thread has more to do with the OP’s daily dose of celexa.

Some people understood the situation and my feelings, and they actually addressed me in a civil and mature manner. One person even apologized. Considering the average player age in this game is over 30, I think your posts say more about your character frankly.

My first reaction to this post was “don’t be that guy” but I’m glad I read further. Anxiety is no joke and it does get the better of us at times. My wife has anxiety issues and there are days that are harder than others.

As many have already stated, BWL has been out about a week and going 3/8 on your first attempt is no easy task. Heck, my guild went in and couldn’t get past Razorgore but that was also to be expected. Fresh content for some and we only went in with 30 so people could see the fight. Couple more weeks and we’ll get back in there to take it down in full.

Have faith in your guild. They have faith in you. I won’t be shocked if your crew has it cleared in the next couple weeks. Cheers! :coffee:

2 Likes

Are you that good that guilds would take you?

If you are a placeholder now, that’s not a bargaining chip to another guild. No one wants to take someone who wants to be carried.

What you should be doing is helping your guild improve, it’s why it’s a guild and not a pug.

If you haven’t cleared BWL yet, you need to change guilds. It’s only going to be more frustrating in AQ40 and Naxx. Switch guilds early and avoid switching guilds later on.

Bad advice imo unless the OP doesn’t like who they are playing with or the guild shows no improvement after the 2nd attempt. Not many guilds cleared it week one. Only about 20 on my server did between horde and alliance.

If you have players not coming prepared and they aren’t being scrutinized for it, then that’s a bad guild. Not saying everyone should have BiS enchants and whatnot, but if the healers aren’t bringing mana pots(the good ones) and the DPS not bring DPS boosting items, then they aren’t really trying. Its easy to notice things like this if you play alot, if alot of the raiders are offline for multiple days and log in like 30 minutes before raid time, they aren’t spending time improving their character or farming gold to buy consumes to improve their performance.

Looks like he’s rentier on logs. 3/8if you want to disect where the problem lay