When The Eclipse Happens On Azeroth

Do you think people panic because they think something EVIL is coming. Again.

Or go about their daily lives with one less doom and gloom worry?

Boomkins rule the day and worgen go nuts.

7 Likes

Just squirt with the spray bottle and you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

Doesn’t an eclipse happen regularly during a boomkin’s standard rotation? Azeroth is in a constant state of flickering lights. People are probably used to it by now.

3 Likes

Have no clue. Mainly because I’ve seen more bear tanks then boomkins lately.

Its not like they are a bunch of cave people on Azeroth, there’s spaceships and tanks and planes and guns and sci-fi inventions. I’m sure there’s enough understanding about math and physics for them to comprehend the movement of celestial bodies.

Go puff on one of those giant peace pipes you can find at a Thunderbluff inn. Those are why the Tauren aren’t rattled by eclipses.

2 Likes

But there’s also magic, dragons, Undead, and a giant sword that should have wiped all life off of Azeroth upon impact according to science.

So just as some people think the Earth is flat, bound to be some gloom and doomers hiding in those caves.

1 Like

To be honest, I’m still a bit freaked out by the eclipse that happened during Ysera’s death scene with Elune reaching down with noodly appendages of moonlight.

2 Likes

I mean with all the solar and lunar themes for certain specs it’s either one heck of a disco party on Azeroth or an epileptic’s nightmare.

2 Likes

Is there a total eclipse on Azeroth too?

Only one we’ve actually seen in game is during Ysera’s death.

2 Likes

Aren’t eclipses in Azeroth generally governed by Elune? After darkshore I imagine a good chunk of the Horde gets PTSD, though the Tauren probably are chilling, High Elves(the race, not whatever subculture thingy they are) probably feel a tad lil bit of disgust since their whole culture was built around in opposition to the night elves and Elune.

Stormwind humans that see Night Elves on a daily basis and learn a bit about their culture just enjoy the spectacle while I imagine those living in isolated villages to act with more superstition towards it, the same likely applies to all other unmentioned races, the less they know about the Kaldorei, the more superstition they attribute to the event, save for the Draenei, I think their society is both small and advanced enough that most people have knowledge about things like that, especially since they were neighbors with the Night Elves for a long time. Zandalari on the other hand probably have a bunch of tales about eclipses considering the Night Elves did the Night Warrior ritual when they were conquering Azeroth and massacring the Zandalari.

1 Like

We had an eclipse on Azeroth. It was when we pissed off Elune and Tyrande became Night Warrior. Orcs got dragged underground to be crushed by roots, too.

Too bad they couldn’t show just how powerful the Night Warrior is supposed to be. It would have been glorious to watch the Horde on Kalimdor get wiped from existence.

1 Like

Yes. Either naturally when the two moons cross and whenever Elune decides to have on.

Lunar but the Solar one is probably controlled by Ansh’e(?) that the Tauren paladins draw power from.

But then we learned what was happening to those souls afterwards and how bad Blizz’s writing made Elune look.

Okay, okay actually SL writing made nearly everyone look bad or out doing one another for worst comedy act.

1 Like

No, there is so much evil going on around us that we are hardened to it.

1 Like

/moo :cow:

1 Like

Then sit back and wait for some loot happy Adventurer to deal with it.

That is probably the only way people on Azeroth function in order to survive. Or go through a lot of barrels of dwarven beer.

2 Likes