When it comes to ganking

We know it’s coming.

The screams of outrage, the accusations of griefing, the degrading of players who participate in the time-honored tradition of ganking.

For those who don’t remember, there are areas of the game where ganking takes place almost religiously.

The road from Elwynn forest to Lakeshire (affectionately known as ‘corpse crawl lane’).

STV (especially the rebel camp).

The sands of Tanaris.
…and so many other lowbie hunting grounds.

I for one have no issue with ganking, and plan on being on many KOS lists Horde-side due to it…and just so you Hordies know, I laugh when I kill a low-level Horde. I laugh HARD.
Every.
Single.
Time.

24 Likes

Meh. Wont bother me. I will be on a RP or PVE server.

11 Likes

Ganking is a non-issue as it only happens on PvP servers that nobody cares about anyway.

4 Likes

UD SPriest reporting in. I dare ya, TRY and gank me :relaxed:
I’ll spook ya!

3 Likes

It’s not war without murdering the other faction on site.

6 Likes

Pretty much the way WoW was meant to played. There shouldn’t be any PvE servers, just PvP and RPPvP. However I understand the casual dogs need a leash so they can be walked through the game. Have fun ganking!

24 Likes

I’m curious to see if the polls will hold up with the ratios of PVP vs PVE server counts. A lot of the ones I saw had 60-70% PVP

3 Likes

internet polls are inaccurate even more than phone etc. polls.
People online will act tough and take the more ‘controversial’ position, in this case playing on a gankfest server … I mean PvP.
In reality it usually is the oposite.

1 Like

Sadistic.

I love it.

1 Like

I won’t worry about it, I will be on an rp server. Good luck to all.

2 Likes

Ditto. Ganking drove me out of my first PVP server and character back in '05, never went back.

5 Likes

No pvp trinkets in p1 and no LAP until p4.

Rogues say hi :slight_smile:

To be fair, Shadows are probably at their strongest in the early phases… I’d still bet on the shadow.

2 Likes

“The screams of the dying will fill the air.” -Prophet Skeram

1 Like

If you don’t have a pre shield on yourself (rogue can just wait it out with saps anyway) I really don’t see what you can do vs a prep Rogue.

You won’t even be able to press a button.

I remember those days well leveling a sPriest on Haomarush. Getting stun locked and rogue vanishes. You know they are there somewhere so you just accept rez sickness and hearth and go check your mail etc.

I will meet you on the battlefield. Let the ganking begin.

1 Like

10/10 would gank with. Any level, any place,any red. It will be dead.

1 Like

Such good times ganking in Redridge and getting whole armies out hunting me

1 Like

Max levels going around killing people 40 levels below them was almost exclusive to bad end game players in vanilla and TBC. When the armory came out, I used to look up any max level that killed me and they were always in entry gear or their specs made no sense.

In retail, it’s been rare from my experience.

2 Likes