When is the Shadowlands sale?

Is there a sale when a new expansion is released? Can we get a pre-SL sale?

You wont know till they drop it but generally they wont put the new game on sale for a while, Theyve had bfa on sales off and on but I dont see them doing one for Shadowlands for at least 6 months or so.

2 Likes

Well I was thinking of services sale mostly. I don’t expect them to discount SL because that would be scummy to the people who pre-ordered.

1 Like

Hmmm Id hold off anything like realm transfers etc because alot of realms are getting connected right now and you dont want to pay to move to one server just to get joined somewhere else you dont want to be. They norm wont advertise a sale as such but it wouldnt be unlikely for some kind of service sale during a prepatch. But its hard to say really

3 Likes

Even if they know about an upcoming sale, the SFAs would not be able to give information about it until it became public.

3 Likes

Indeed, Customer Support doesn’t announce sales. That’s what the game team (publishing group) does :slight_smile: They handle all blogs/news posts. So it’s always a good idea to keep an eye on the main website for updates about the game and services.

6 Likes

It’s very boring, 2 months with nothing to do.

Plenty to do, but not sure what character services would have to do with you being bored.

3 Likes

Make sure you have everything you want checked off before it goes :slight_smile:

7 Likes

One thing that I haven’t seen mentioned:

Polished Pet Charms converting to Shiny Pet Charms usually happens at the end of an expansion. Is that happening, and if so, will it happen with the prepatch or on expansion launch?

They have no plans to replace the current Polished Pet Charms in Shadowlands.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-pet-battles-in-shadowlands/590828

4 Likes

Hmmmmmm…

Reading that, it says that there won’t be a new currency, which is good. But it doesn’t say outright that your collected Polished Pet Charms won’t be converted to Shiny Pet Charms with the prepatch or the launch.

I would think this section would mean that they will not be converting them.

Also, I still have all of my Polished Charms in the PTR from when I copied this character over.

1 Like

Same on Beta.

1 Like