When do SOM servers shut down?

When will the SOM servers, and presumably the free character transfers, be shut down for good?

The obvious incentive to stay on SOM is because of the 100% XP boost while leveling. As an aside, feel free to move this buff to regular CE servers :wink:

Considering our characters will be deleted permanently, I think it is fair to expect that we get a date where this is going to happen.

9 Likes

good question i would like to know aswell

2 Likes

I’m more concerned with when SoM2 is coming out :expressionless:

9 Likes

Same, I would like to know if we only have a few weeks left, or more, since the SoM characters still have the leveling buff.

As a side note, has anyone had issues transferring both Alliance + Horde to Whitemane? I see they removed the PvP restriction.

1 Like

good question i would like to know aswell

1 Like

i transfered both horde and alliance to both whitemane and mankrik just a couple hours ago

1 Like

testing my new character forum

Can we get a date please

1 Like

Last I heard, SOM is supposed to shutdown by the end of this year. Once the date is set, we are supposed to have a period of time where we can freely transfer our SOM toons to the Classic Era or Lich King Classic server of our choice.

u can already transfer to era or wotlk they want a date for when u can no longer play som

2 Likes

Seriously. I wish people would stop trying to get era stuff added and going. If people want a classic+ it should all be on a fresh server or just som2

2 Likes

Me toooo
lessssgooooo

1 Like

hopefully they say when that way the bots in DM get time to move the gold they have to wrath

1 Like

I was told towards the end of November it would and that we would be able to move our toons to Classic live for a limited time and then SOM will shut down forever and that they may make a second and final SOM that will run again but with slightly different playstyle than the first one. That is from the conversation I had with a GM about a year ago involving this stuff.

Trasnfers opened up to Locked realms? LF transfer to Atiesh.

Would be nice to know an exact date since I’d like to keep leveling before transferring off.

2 Likes

I don’t get why the closure date for SoM wasn’t included in any of the announcements about the transfers, or why no one from Blizzard has bothered to give a date on any of these forum posts.

This shouldn’t be some big secret; they should just tell us what the date for server closure is.

1 Like

I get the feeling that very few devs think about Classic Era anything.

Most are probably focused on Classic Cata now. :frowning:

I want to believe that not even they are stupid/insane enough to really release ‘Classic Cata’ :expressionless:

4 Likes

Not gonna lie, I would play a season of mastery Wotlk server once classic wrath is finished.