When do pvp rank rewards come out

Fez has a point +1

Content Patch 1 is the Launch patch, like 1.1 would be.

And Content Patch 6 is not the end of the game. You have to include the 4 months assigned to Patch 6 at Month 20, to round out the 2 years.

Patch 1: Day 1
Patch 2: Day 121
Patch 3: Day 241
Patch 4: Day 361
Patch 5: Day 481
Patch 6: Day 601
End of 2 years: Day 720

(Ignore roundings. 120 days = 4 months)

Eloraell does some ?math?

One point! +1

Is “phase 6” not planned to be the final state of the game? If phase 6 is planned to be the final state of the game, tell us all why we should include the “four months for phase 6” since phase 6 is planned to continue as,long as the servers remain open.

Tell us all whatbis planned to follpw phase 6.

Of course, that would require you admitting that you were mistaken, which we all know is something that you all but refuse to do.

Probably half a year, because its very stupid to delay the full content of 1.12 for 2 years.
And it is very disgusting to milk classic like that.

1.12 is the patch were starting on it should not take twice as long as seige of orgrimmar took to patch 6.
Some of those patches shouldn’t be as spaced out as others because they have less in them.

1 Like
1 Like

Because the content was laid out over a 2 year period, and Patch 6 is Naxxaramas which is content. After the end of the 2 year period, nothing happens, but you still have to include time for it.

“We know this is only a hundred yard race, but you have to run an extra 40 yards so we can account for them, even though nothing changes beyond that hundred yard mark.”

/sarcasm on

Perfect sense.

/sarcasm off

Of course, being honest and admitting your mistake would likely be too much for you to consider.

Good to see you still don’t really get it.

There are 6 patches whose content is to be spread over 2 years. What happens beyond the two years is irrelevant because after that nothing changes, but content is front loaded each patch.

This isn’t a complex thought, but its also “convenient” for you to misinterpret it, because you like arguing, and you’re running out of rocks to die on.

This is a bit annoying to me. My guess is that they want to bring back the epic world PvP battles of Tarren Mill and Southshore that people loved in vanilla. I think there was a sense that these were ruined by battlegrounds and DHK.

But I don’t have any interest in raiding again. My interest is in vanilla battlegrounds and recapturing that feeling of climbing ranks that I enjoyed so much in vanilla.

I didn’t start playing WoW right when it came out because I was finishing school. I started August 6th 2005. The day the Greymane server was released and that was my server. So I got the experience of being on a day one server but there had already been almost a year of patches. WSG and AV had been out about 2 months before I started and AB was released about 6 weeks after I started playing.
I got to experience battlegrounds without twinks and without raid geared people. Leveling was much slower back then so the top raiding guilds were focused more on progression and less on PvP. So I PvP’d against other PvP minded people in greens and blues.

Just kind of concerned that MC and BWL are going to be on farm before they even release battlegrounds and the honor system rewards. If I am interesting in climbing it will be vs. people decked out in raid epics and of course any alts will be up against full max level twinks in each level bracket. We aren’t going to get anything like what was my vanilla experience enjoying these things because people are going to be ready to abuse the system from day one.

1 Like

The patch release shouldn’t be scheduled to meet the needs of the small number of people who rush to devourer content. Most of us will need a large part of Phase 1 just to get max level. Phase 2, the PVP gear becomes available with the rank system. Feels about right to me. Worst case and you start to see epic geared people in BGs for Phase 3, so what? Sometimes you are going to get your brain beat in. Just incentive to keep going and keep improving my gear.

I hope we get at least 6 month to play the world without battlegrounds.

It’ll be the best world pvp time, since wpvp will die when bgs roll in.

IMO, releasing BGs more than 2-3 months after the game goes live would be a terrible mistake. All those who love BGs would run out of things to do very quickly after hitting 60. As it is, I will miss doing low lvl BGs as I’m leveling and I’m sure so will many others. If this lasts for 6 months plus, it will drive ppl away simply from boredom. Most PVPers PVE to have better gear for PVP, and not having that incentive will be a problem.

I am aware of the reasons behind the BG release delay, in case ppl are wondering. PVP gear too good, blah blah blah.

BGs need to be in ASAP.

1 Like

The phrase you are looking for is “hills to die on”. :grin:

Yeah this is my concern. I’ll do some world PvP but without any progression system or rewards the incentive and fun of it only goes so far for me. Not sure I will have an incentive to log in after a while. The leveling process without battlegrounds now and then to break things up will be tedious, hitting 60 months before battlegrounds will even be released and wtf is even the point for me if I don’t care about raiding?

Guess there’s no point.

The rest of us will be having fun.

1 Like

Why would it be stupid to do that, when the casual won’t even be 60 until around month 6?

If you’re that impatient to burn through the content you’re not going to enjoy Classic.

2 Likes

None of these are “hill” sized. :rofl:

1 Like

LMAO! Touche’

I don’t want the honor patch for as long as possible to keep Wpvp going. It ends when that grind begins.