When are we getting a buff to SotWL?

The ability is hilariously underpowered both in relation to the mountains of corpses it used to make and as a standalone snapshot of an ability now. As it stands, it’s just a worse RSK in ST and a worse FoF in AoE.

1 Like

I won’t disagree that the spell can use a buff, but I think you’re massively overstating its weakness unless you’re looking at it very narrowly.

It is still our highest damage per Chi ability in both ST and AOE due to Thunderfist. It could be stronger on its own without the extra talent, but if you start looking at abilities without the talents we always take that buff them, it’s hard to know where to stop.

I agree with this, but RSK and FoF generate more overall damage by virtue of lower CD. Despite it being our highest damage per chi ability, SotWL just doesn’t do enough. It doesn’t delete a boss faster by any noticeable degree, nor does it delete a pack faster by any noticeable degree. The extra spike in damage isn’t paying dividends.

SotWL just feels like it got the wind knocked out of it when we got it back. Like it feels so disappointing that they could buff the damage by 100% and I might still be on the fence about it.

I agree, it doesn’t feel anywhere near as powerful as its pre-nerf version in Legion, but that was certainly a bit more than it should have been at the time.

Because much of the damage is in Thunderfists, it’s less one big explosion of damage and more a consistent trickle, which I can see leading to feeling like it’s underwhelming.

Thunderfist definitely needs to be explored more. Apart from just needing a better way to spend the charges, I think there’s more that could be played around with in regards to Thunderfist.