When are the changes to ATotM coming?

I can’t recall. The change where ATotM healing will be split between 5 targets – when is that coming out?

I thought it was 10.0.7.

Also, when it does come out how is that looking for MW?

1 Like

I think that change is for 10.1. I could be wrong. As for how it will change MW, well for me it won’t. I detest fistweaving so I won’t play that style. However, others will come in and say it’s making fistweaving stronger, which it probably is, but those of us who play various caster builds will continue to do so.

It’s 10.1. This mid patch is just changes to sheiluns.

OP, it’s amazing QOL change. WE’re getting a bunch more smart healing, with very little overheal. Overall it will be a strong increase to HPS, and allow AT to be a more consistent maintenance heal.

It’s going to further outclass fistweaving (AKA: The way the class is designed to be played) over the alternative Soomweaving playstyle (AKA: subpar in endgame/push content).

TLDR: It’s a win for mistweavers. We’re looking incredibly good for 10.1.

“bunch more” aha.

Same healing, just less overhealing - and will be more reliable.

Developers’ note: Ancient Teachings is a primary piece of Mistweaver’s healing toolkit in Dragonflight, but its previous design was unreliable – a single Rising Sun Kick’s targeting could sometimes determine life or death for an ally. That level of variance between results on healing out of your direct control wasn’t healthy for the specialization. Our goal is to land somewhere in the middle – a single Rising Sun Kick likely shouldn’t save an ally on its own, but it also shouldn’t condemn them either.

Means less overhealing from AT in my raid build so that’s nice. It’s not changing anything big though.

OP it drops in 10.1 - if you go to WOW head’s talent calculator you can change it to the PTR version and see it’s up on there.

2 Likes

Wait what? The fact that it wont be as much overhealing, means it’s spreading more to the people who need it rather than an overheal.

1 person is injured? 100% of the healing goes to them.

2? 50/50

Etc.

Current iteration is hit or miss.

These changes end up giving a net gain of effective healing vs. rng overheals.

My statement is accurate.