What's your latest purchase?

We need details!

I’ve been nonstop playing Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince since it released recently:

Dragon Quest is one of my favorite game series and I like monster catching/battling games. Kinda goes with how Beastlords are my favorite fantasy class in general and with BM Hunter being my favorite spec/class in WoW.

Hoping it sells well since I want to keep seeing Dragon Quest games get released in the USA. :smiley:

:meat_on_bone::crocodile: :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

Pretty cool, sounds like you’re enjoying it!

1 Like

On Steam, LEGO® Star Wars™: The Skywalker Saga. Have played it a bit since i’ve first tried it on Gamepass. Pretty great Lego game. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I pulled the trigger on a new 27" AOC monitor for $48 + tax.

1 Like

My last major gaming purchase was the pre-order of the new upcoming World of Warcraft expansion, The War Within. I haven’t really purchased any new games for my Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 5, As Christmas is coming.

Don’t want to buy a game and then I receive it as a gift. Has happened to me in the past. So waiting till after Christmas now to determine which game(s) I’ll be purchasing next!

1 Like

IIRC it was a bottle of dish soap.

1 Like

What kind? I love Dawn Platinum in that new type bottle that sits upside down.

1 Like

I just bought Warhammer 40k: Darktide, and i realize now what i have been missing in life is a horde shooter i can just sit down and zone out with.

3 Likes

Baba Is You finally went on sale on the Nintendo Switch eshop for $10.50 (until 12/27/23 at 1:59 AM), which is rare when it does go on sale (normally $15 on the Switch eshop) and usually is only a dollar off at best when it does. I had some extra funds so I snagged it.

It’s a neat puzzle game with programming-like statements in each stage you have to move words in and out of to affect gameplay.

Really happy to see it finally go on sale. I got it on Switch since I like portable gaming systems and love my Nintendo Switch, but it is also on Steam and I think might be on Mobile as well for anyone interested.

:meat_on_bone::crocodile: :cut_of_meat::japanese_ogre:

2 Likes

Cool! Love finding a good deal.

1 Like

I love Baba in theory but one of the more frustrating aspects of the game is that it doesn’t present me a lot of opportunities to learn a mechanic that would help me solve a puzzle in the late game and just expects me to figure it out when i get there.

For example, one puzzle was only solvable if i duplicated an item and the game had never made me do that prior, so i did not know it could be done, thus i could not figure out the answer without googling it.

On top of this the game hates reusing ideas so it’s difficult to apply something i’ve learned to a later puzzle because there’s always some new mechanic to learn. Some people love that about it but it drives me up a wall, lol

2 Likes

My latest purchase was lunch about an hour ago (chicken salad wrap).

1 Like

yum yum for the tum tum.

For gaming, was a 4070 ti and a power supply, but I’m returning the GPU soon.

1 Like

Why are you returning it?

got a 4080 for Christmas

1 Like

Dang, your Santa needs to teach my Santa how to shop. Nice gift!

Wasn’t a planned upgrade, was going strong with a 3080 until the PSU died and took the card with it at the tail end of November.

Had that not happened, I’d still happily be rocking that 3080.

1 Like

Yikes… Mind if I ask what PSU exactly this was?