What's your favorite horde hunter race?

Hi guys, I love my Night Warrior hunter so much but i’m getting lonely so i’m race swapping to horde to join my friends. My heart says go Nightborne to keep the night elf aesthetic but my brain says No way. (because of the horrible race skills)

What’s your favorite horde hunter and why?

Night Elf. There is no other choice. Tell your friends to switch alliance.

3 Likes

LOL, Dawn.

But in all seriousness, while Orcs and Trolls make for fun Hunters, I like Tauren the best. Tauren’s lore goes great with Hunter lore.

EDIT: no, Tauren doesn’t have the best racials, but War Stomp is pretty versatile. It can even be used as an interrupt!

1 Like

I wish haha. Night elf is truly the best hunter race there is. I wont be able to pvp or raid with my buddies if I don’t swap. That or gear 2 hunters at once and I dont have that kind of time =(

I mean, if you can’t get them to switch, I’d go Belf as Nightborne aren’t real night elves anyway.

It doesnt bother you how they shoot? I felt slow and lazy when firing a bow as a Tauren.

No, not at all. But be aware that I’ve mained my Tauren Hunter ever since 2005. I’m used to the female Tauren animations. The male Tauren does feel slow, but it isn’t as noticeable with the female Tauren.

If the bow animation bothers you, well, there’s the crossbow and the gun. They’re a bit more “normal” or similar to the other races.

They are haughty and annoying but they share the same animations, stealth, etc. as night elf. That’s why I would feel comfortable picking them… but the free mailbox and +1% magic damage is /barf

I started my Hunter as Tauren but switched it to Orc in WotLK when they introduced the Race Change-feature(sorry @Watermist :frowning: )

I tried Mag’har Orc in BfA for a while but honestly, I was just tired of it. I ended up going Vulpera at the end of BfA purely because of the combat animations(and the frontflip jump!), along with how good my mog looks on it. I use a crossbow for a weapon, and like how a Vulpera(male) fires it.

The extra bag space and the Make Camp hearthstone-feature are neat as well. Especially now since they changed it so it works even after I have shut down the game/restarted the client(it works even if I don’t log in for a day or more).

And surprisingly, the passive DR, Nose for Trouble, have proven very useful. Both in raiding but in open world content as well. That small absorb effect on each new enemy is quite nice.

Anyway, personal preferences and all that…

Vanilla orc female. Because gear fits them well, they have good animations anf their racials make them a good MM hunter and the strongest BM hunters (for now)

1 Like

Blood elf love me some Blood elf ranger RP.

Orc women FTW. Gob gals are a close second: their racial armor goes really well with many of the guns in the game, especially the one from the MOTHERLODE!!!

Orcs are pretty gosh darn enticing if I must say so myself. Gear tends to look great on us, and we have some smooth animations!

Tauren. Because they’re awesome.

3 Likes

Mag’har Orc are pretty good for hunters correct me if I’m wrong but don’t they get mount bonus speed as well as their pets do more damage.

Troll is the best hunter - great racial and best bow animation.

I do really enjoy troll hunter. I also really enjoy troll shamans. And troll warriors. Troll it is.

1 Like

Green Orcs get 1% pet damage, Mag’har get 10% pet HP.

Which, on a BM hunter that is already getting a substantial bonus to pet damage, I personally value the extra health more.

Aesthetically…
Aliance= Worgen, Night Elf
Horde= Vulpera, Orc, Mag’har orc

Hmmm…

I can’t say that I have one.
Mail armor on Horde characters just looks and feels better.