Whats your best "i told you i dont tank" moment?

People think tanking while leveling is difficult. They make it more difficult than it has to be and instead of attempting to understand its concepts they scream every time someone asks them if they can fulfill that role.

1 Like

This clown and most of the rest of you are so much of what’s wrong with the world; or at the very least the gaming culture.

Dude makes a thread asking for people to share some funny stories about tanking fails and you come in with this bs acting like a total pr*ck.

Many people are bad at things others are good at. I’m sure you’re total garbage at a great many things. At the very least we’ve all had funny or silly moments. Share or ignore it. Don’t come in here all acerbic.

26 Likes

Somebody I didn’t know whispered me to tank for their GG group. I didn’t answer. I assume it was all downhill from there.

2 Likes

Dude made a passive aggressive emo thread where he is the victim of being pressured to tank and ends up “showing them” by failing.

It’s like this whole forum condensed into a miserable paragraph.

Harden up.

4 Likes

I’m no tank, but I feel I can safely say that, among the low level instances, Wailing Caverns is the sh@ts. I hope no one chooses that place as their first ranking experience.

2 Likes

Could easily change out warriors with rogues, hunters, mages, or any other class that cannot tank, as you could be on your tank!

But, while it doesn’t drive me crazy, I do think that it’s better for those who play a class to play all the roles it is capable of, to better familiarize themselves with the toolkit that is available, and tanking on a warrior is no exception.

To the OP, have a look at Elite’s Warrior Tanking Guide as it may be a good starting point for you for macros, etc.

3 Likes

Whats your best “i told you i dont tank” moment?
Well I was tanking most of Scholomance until those magic immune skeleton groups. At that point I told the group, I told you I don’t tank…

After the door though, I continued tanking the instance.

2 Likes

A Warrior I was grouping with just didn’t understand how to tank in SM Cath. I think he may have never even played WoW before this character. I, on my Rogue, was trying to explain to him what he should be doing, and he seemed to honestly be trying. But he just didn’t understand.

So, I told him “watch, like this.” So I started pulling with throwing knives. Then just full on tanking single/double mob pulls. Finally he started to sort of understand and pulled…okay. Any time a problem came up, like an add, I pretty much took over tanking and/or CCing whatever he couldn’t handle.

When we got to the Cathedral proper, he didn’t understand the pulls, so, I just wound up pulling everything and we camped out in the courtyard as I resumed Rogue tanking for this adorably clueless Warrior. I wound up also tanking Whitemane too. Then he won the one handed mace with +healing over the very patient Priest healer…despite him having the Whirlwind Axe and Sword of Omen. After that, I didn’t like him so much.

Also, I was level 36.

I think that Cath run took like an hour or more.

4 Likes

LOL!

I’m the opposite. I am a healer (only). When someone asks me to tank, I tell them I simply cannot bear it.

Literally. I didn’t train Bear Form.

6 Likes

Yeah, if you took this as passive aggressive (who says emo…?) then I don’t know what to tell you lol. Especially even insinuating he failed on purpose. I mean he even said it wasn’t in spite.

Not sure what part of me you think was soft but… lol

Wisen up.

2 Likes

Wow i didn’t mean to devide the forms! I try to have fun with my own faults and people act like this?

Got a new one for you guys and ghouls, tried to tank sm lib last night and when i died the first time all my gear broke at once! Just skipped yellow lmao.

Im okay with being the last person learning to tank. Im glad so many of you are masters!

2 Likes

I tanked briefly during WotLK. The first time I ended up getting cued to Culling of Stratholme I mentioned that I didn’t know where to go. (Flags on the map…I know that now.) The hunter in group said “It’s easy! Just follow the tank!” Conversely in Violet Hold a few days later one of the dps told me it was his first time there and he didn’t know his way around. (That one was fairly easy to explain to the new guy.)

1 Like

Except that I do have a 60 warrior and I do tank because I can… regardless of spec. It’s not the same thing at all. You can still gear the character you want to play while tanking - those classes cannot.

My sarcasm detector may be broken… it seems you either changed tones mid post or the first sentence was tongue in cheek.

come here buddy, i got a hug for you.

That doesn’t drive me crazy because that’s up to those individuals if they want to tank or not. It’s not my place to tell them how they should play.

Only way to learn tanking is to keep doing it. Don’t be nervous … it’s difficult to learn, but very rewarding. Please don’t turn into yet another warrior who refuses to tank. It always baffles me how warriors look to be the most popular class, yet LF TANK is constantly being posted in the Lookingforgroup channel, sometimes non stop by the same group for over an hour.

Just bear with me hear, I don’t think it’s that big a deal…

2 Likes

I don’t actually remember having an “I told you I don’t tank” moment. I actually rolled a warrior in vanilla when this gal healed Sunken Temple and I saw what a certain plate drop looked like. I decided to tank with that warrior, and had the benefit of already knowing all the lower level dungeons from a healer perspective, as well as knowing what made tanks easier/harder to heal. And I had tanks I’d healed as friends to ask for advice.

Sure, I made mistakes along the way. Sure, I had groups that were completely incompetent. But no matter how frustrated, I never felt like I couldn’t tank.

1 Like

Knowing the map and not getting lost is the hard part for me tbh

2 Likes

One thing you can do that I feel has made a HUGE difference is mark caster MOBs with a skull and don’t even bother trying to get aggro on them. If you point all your dps at the caster mob it will die so fast that it doesn’t have a chance to do much damage to anyone and doesn’t need to be tanked. This also allows you to pull the melees away a bit and have some extra time to build aggro on them while the caster is being focused.

3 Likes