What's with the freezing?

No, I’m not talking about lag. I’m talking about straight freezing for a few seconds every 20 minutes, or so. The game is continuing, but you are frozen so when the game releases and you can play, you’ve been getting your butt kicked by whatever is nearby.

Similarly, I try to portal, to, say, Stormwind, and I get an “instance not found” message, and wind up standing in Boralus, after watching a load screen do nothing for a minute or two.

Any fixes?

2 Likes

At the moment, probably the realms stablizing from coming back up - as well as everyone getting on at the same time, I’d give it just a few.

1 Like

I have been having this same issue since the patch dropped. I tried doing a fresh install. I’ve tried uninstalling all of my addons. The game still locks up randomly while doing content.

2 Likes

If this is an ongoing issue, it may well be tech related, Linho. I’d followup in Tech for that.

I am in the middle of refreshing my Windows 10 as well as a fresh install on WoW, Steel Series, Twitch, and of course Battle Net so I hope that helps. But I noticed it freezing whenever the in game narration starts for a new encounter in some way. Regular as clock work. Also when loading my Character screen or bank vault page.

This was on my Level 120 Paladin, Elvenslammer.

Make sure that you get the most recent updates for your other drivers too. Recently someone was complaining about freezing and it turned out their video drivers were a few years our of date!

If you continue to have issues Elvenhotz, be sure to post in the Tech Support forums or reach out to them via a ticket.

3 Likes

That’s exactly what is happening to me. I may be doing WQ, and it Freezes every time you jump in to a mini cut scene, such as the invasions, it freezes for 20 seconds then am, allowed to play again. Or last night when doing Operation Mechagon, every time we would face a new boss, and a in game character would speak it would freeze. It sucked because i was tanking. At this point am not even doing any content from 8.3 due to the many issues. Am reinstalling WOW and addons again.

Could have just deleted/renamed the cache, wtf and interface folders. That zeroes out the game to default values.

1 Like

The freezing happens to me as well on multiple characters. Seems to occur randomly and in any location (high population areas and low population areas). Has happened every single day since patch last Tuesday.

excuse me, but I do not believe this has anything to do with the realms stabilizing, since it has been happening since the patch 8.3 loaded. I have reinstalled WOW all my updates for windows 10 have been downloaded and I have updated all video cards updates as well, as recent as 1/20/2020 11:37 am today!. I still have this issue, can you please escalate this??? to quote my Favorite Youtuber [Taliesin & Evitel] NOOOO IT WAS A POOOP SHOW…obviously!!

Doesn’t work that way. Have you posted in Tech Support?

To whom? They aren’t Devs. They aren’t QA. They aren’t liaisons with them.

File a bug report.

1 Like

SOOOO True!!! But you know what!! I rather have a fresh install, and go from there. That way, I know it’s not the game, and not waste time.

YES!! I have nothing yet!!

Glad to hear it, Thorin, hopefully they can help troubleshoot the issue and figure out what is going on. I’m going to lock this one up to encourage additional/similar posts to be made in Tech Support. If there is an outstanding issue on our side more examples helps to track it down.

2 Likes