What's the slowest, easiest DPS class and spec now?

I’m not arguing that Fury is the more “complex” rotation out of the two, but the fact that the OP wanted a slow spec and you suggested two of the faster ones!

DHs can still do their rotation with a garage door opener, right? I’d say them.

1 Like

dh and bm hunter are super easy but they’re not that slow.

Arcane mage is the first thing that comes to mind for easy and it’s definitely the slowest, it is typically an underperforming spec though (unless you’re one of the handful or less people in the world that puts in the effort to play it perfectly)

I love playing my Pally, Good dps in Ret. spec and you have heals, they can also tank and heal. Tho I prefer tanking and Ret. Just a good all around character.

Destruction warlock isn’t fast paced. And as a bonus, you can self heal better than any other dps spec (unholy DK is up there too though), and can just stand there and tank everything better than any other dps spec.

Its also funny everyone complained of DH self healing/sustain…and so blizzard nerfed it…and…uh…hello warlock self sustain :smiley: Glad to go unnoticed thanks everyone :smiley:

Its kinda sad they can do that, then you take shaman enhancement (and elemental to a degree, at least elemental has good temporary pets) and they can’t come even close to destro warlock self healing lol, and they don’t even get any defenses either and they wear mail and it sucks compared to warlock cloth.

So be a destruction warlock…OP in legion, BFA and shadowlands. Didn’t play them before legion, so can’t compare. I know though in vanilla warlocks could tank stuff

As a bonus, affliction warlock is good again. Every expansion they either remove affliction drain tanking or give it back, because with drain tanking its OP and everyone (pvpers) complain, but without drain tanking affliction sucks again so its a true tug of war blizzard has with affliction.

Arcane mages play like a slow firing turret. Ret Paladins are pretty slow and have a lot of defensive cool downs in case you mess up.

BM Hunter with a /castsequence macro. Set one up for my wife who has absolutely no idea how to play (she just gets on for the social aspect). One button for the macro, one button for feign death. Never die. Kill everything. I guarantee if you have a multibutton mouse (like a Razer Naga for example) you can play 1 handed and practically sleep while you play.

1 Like

If you want slow DPS, play Frost DK.

You probably would enjoy the ret Paladin…

A multi-button programable mouse is probably your best bet. I often find myself keyboard moving to strafe and move forward and back and clicking my spells with the mouse. You can also use programable keys via Logitech mice and keyboards to initiate simple rotations. For the longest time I had a one button rotation on my rogue that kept PVP opponents stun locked. Mouse button 9 and then kept my rogue in flank.

I would love to be the contrarian and say that BM isn’t as easy as it is being made out to be, but. Uh. Kinda feels bad man, everybody is right. You could train ferrets to play this spec perfectly. It takes requires no attention beyond glancing at your pet’s HP and popping off mend pet when applicable.

That said, I love this spec and always have from vanilla to now.

Destruction Warlock is always the wheelchair class/spec… literally it’s always been the easiest class to play in all of wow. I literally had all my spells bound to my mouse scroll wheel for all of BFA:

/cast immolate
/cast conflagrate
/cast chaosbolt
/cast conflagrate
/cast incinerate
/cast incinerate
/cast incinerate
/cast chaosbolt
/cast incinerate
/cast chaosbolt

and just scroll like crazy (nice if you have a mouse that has a unlocking scroll wheel that spins like a bearing) and you’ll virtually always do a perfect rotation and be among top dps.

Shadowlands Destro isn’t that much different either.

Assasination Rogue always seemed slow to me, feels like I’m just waiting to press buttons. Also Ret Pally.

You wanna push buttons all day every day, fury warrior baby

It’s also very mobile class tho so more hand movements for both hands, i would go with a caster or at min a MM hunter

If you play a Mage in Classic, just spam Frostbolt and win.

That doesn’t really make any sense. Yes, it’s a mobile class but you don’t have to move more than anyone else.

I am not talking about complexity. I am talking about what will hurt his hand. I did not suggest DH, just fury warrior due to the rotation literally being less painful for a “borked left hand.”

He specifically asked for a slow spec due to his injury. Fury is the most frantic spec in the game. It makes ME hurt even though I don’t have any injury…

arcane mage

+1 to getting a gaming mouse like a razer naga with the buttons on the side. They just re-released the left hand version as well (THANK BACON!!!) and it makes a world of difference. I’m old with some arthritis and this helps me a ton. I play left handed even though I’m right handed. It’s actually kind of cool…I can write and mouse at the same time :wink: When I got my very first PC, my desk was set up in a way that the mouse on the left was convenient. It never occurred to me that was weird, and now I can’t mouse with my right. Which is a pain in the butt for purchasing a gaming mouse.

But yeah, all those side buttons…you really can just about play one handed.