What's the proper complaint for griefing event NPC's?

I can’t believe after years of this happening, that we’re having to put up with THIS again, I thought the devs automatically put a bubble around in-game event NPC’s so this wouldn’t happen?

Anyway, there’s not only people crowding them (Greymane, Argent Crusade quest givers, etc.) on their huge mounts so it’s hard to find them, but now they’re putting up fishing balls on top of them so when you try to click them you wind up fishing instead. Yes it even obliterates the “?” mark and makes it a fishing hook instead.

Right-click complaint gives the usual multiple choice of spamming, language, cheating etc. Which one do you want us to choose for reporting the griefers?

TIA…

The frustration is understandable, Anylla, but “griefing” in and of itself, by standing around on large mounts, is not generally considered a violation of our policies.

The issue itself (i.e. No dismount aura being active) is being looked into.

7 Likes

yeah u did work around this on SW, but each zone is having the same issue, and IT IS GRIEFERS WHEN THEY JUST STAND ON HUGE MOUNT WITH HORN TOY AND GAMON TOY ON THE NPC.

IS GRIEFERS WHEN THEY ARE FORCING THIS JUST TO ANNOY OTHER PLAYER.

Plus the phasing for WM on and off isnt working either since im on WM on and there is ALOT of ppl with WM off around me.

The blues here are unable to do anything about it as they’re not part of the team whom code the game. More to the point, posting in all caps isn’t going to make things change any faster.

We get it, it’s upsetting, but it’s often best to let Blizzard get a hold of the issue and fix it.

3 Likes

u right, but he calling it not been griefer who do this is just plain lie.
Since i can see ppl doing it on porpuse just to bother others.

Still not something that can be reported other than Blizz looking into the issue with the dismount aura in that area.

Griefing just means “someone doing something I don’t like” and there’s no reporting option for that in-game as it’s simply too vague.

3 Likes

Vrak said no such thing. Just that what they’re doing isn’t something Blizzard can take action on in-game because it’s such a nebulous term that boils down to, as Perl said, “something that I don’t like.”

3 Likes

I didn’t ask them to “do anything about it”. I asked what was the proper complaint choice to use, to report griefers. It’s multiple choice and there doesn’t seem to be an appropriate one for this situation.

And Vrak, I happen to really disagree with you on this, purposely blocking a popular quest NPC at the start of an event prevents game play and causes a lot of frustration in the player base. But I thank you for your answer all the same.

So, you mean you ARE asking them to do something about it if you are wanting to report those doing it. It isn’t against the rules, and they know there is an issue with the dismounting and are looking in to it to fix it. Yes, those perpetrating it are despicable, but there is no reporting option because it isn’t against the rules.

2 Likes

You misunderstand, Dranlord. I said nothing of the kind. I said, behavior like this that folks categorize as “griefing”, in and of itself doesn’t generally violate our policies. We don’t have a policy in place that specifically says, you may not stand on or near an NPC while on a large mount. We don’t generally penalize folks if they do that.

That it is considered griefing, and that the behavior is frustrating, isn’t under debate.

I’m not saying it isn’t, Anylla, I even acknowledged that. I’m saying that we don’t generally penalize folks for doing so, therefore there isn’t a means to report folks for the behavior. I said this kind of situation requires development intervention in order to address it, that is currently being looked into.

7 Likes

Keybind interact with target or interact with mouseover, whichever you prefer, /tar you can use your interact with target keybind or hover your mouse over the target frame and use your interact with mouseover keybind.
Sure it would be great if people didn’t try to block people for events like these, but at least there is a way you can get around them and still interact with the npcs you need! :blush:

2 Likes