What's the point of PvP Gear if PvE gear will just do better?

It really just needed secondary stat sliders for the templates and honor talents unlocked by default and it would have been fine. I’d take that over even WoD gearing tbh. And definitely over the monstrosity that is the current system.

I would have liked allocating secondary stats with the templates. That would have been a good compromise. I didn’t have time to pvp much to get those artifact appearances (Since they were going to be removed). I wish I had more time in Legion to pvp I missed out on the system and wish they had the accountwide honor system.

1 Like

Just gonna put this up again before rolling my eyes and exiting.

1 Like

So basically nothings changed? lol

1. during the time that PvP Power existed the scaling difference between full Conquest gear and full Honor gear was noticeable but not extreme. Also in the extremely casual PvP content, ie random battlegrounds, Glad tier PvPers werent common, they didnt waste their time with that. The actual experience for casuals in PvP was pretty good.
  2. Getting a full set of Honor gear was quite easy (a few days at most), and while Rated players got conquest gear faster, casual players could be conquest geared in a reasonable amount of time, and by that time a lot of Rated players would have already acquired their seasonal rating achieve and quit until next patch.
  3. Legion templates were terrible, because in addition to normal blizzard balance issues, players couldnt even mitigate problems by picking their own stats. Reforging was far superior.

I wonder if you even played when PvP power existed. It was extremely casual friendly, and the only people who missed out were Raiders who wanted to be able to roflstomp without knowing what they’re doing.

2 Likes

coughs up drink

Pvp is a sideshow. It has been now for several expansions. Nothing is going to change that. Think of pvp in the same context you would think of pet battles.

lumping pvp with pet battles is just wrong and makes completely no sense

1 Like

Agree with the added bonus of you have some secondary stats you can allocate. But every DK Frost has the same strength and stamina but I get to choose my secondaries.

However most mmon PvP people don’t want an even field they want to roflstomp newbs.

I’m comparing PvP to pet battles because they’ve both largely been ignored by devs for several expansions now. That’s what I mean when I say “sideshow”…and don’t get your hopes up that this will change.

Then this would be SFV and you’d have scrubs crying why Rashid is always so good while an Alex is always garbage.

…I suppose the point is players will always find something to gripe about: be it gear or class imbalances in WoW.

1 Like

It’s not actually vendors though. It’s some weird buggerdized version of it that I’m pretty sure they’re gonna mess up. They said this expansion was gonna be better, we all saw how that went down :roll_eyes:

Yes please :pray:

You can encourage this by making the content enjoyable? Instead of forcing it on people by hiding bis stuff behind the other ones content. I don’t think people doing what they don’t want to to have bis in what they do is healthy. I don’t think bfa did particularly well in the sub department is a prime example of that.

Once again encourage people to try new content by making it fun and engaging.

1 Like

Only PvP gets exclusive armour and mounts, bribery to try and get bodies into it.

You can go earn a mythic armor set anytime but heaven forbid you get a seasonal set from a past expansion.

JESUS CHRIST the noob talk here is ridiculous.
PVP GEAR SHOULD BE STRONGEST VS PLAYERS… YES!
PVE GEAR SHOULD BE STRONGEST VS AI… YES!
SIMPLE TRUE AND A FAIR STATEMENT…
AS FOR COUNTER THE DEVS…?! DEVS ARE CODERS NOT GAMERS… GAMERS KNOW WHAT THEY LIKE THROUGH EXPERIENCE AND DEVS TAKE THEIR SUGGESTIONS…
PVE STRONGER THAN DOING ONLY ONE THING??
OMG… PVE IS ONE THING… PVP IS ONE THING. BOTH ARE FOCUSED ON ONE ASPECT THAT ARGUMENT IS FAIL.
IF SOMEONE HAS THE OPINION PVP GEAR EARNED BY PUTTING IN TIME AND EFFORT IN PVP ASPECTS OF THE GAME SHOULD GIVE THEM ADVANTAGE OVER THOSE WHO DONT THEY ARE PERFECTLY CORRECT IN SAYING SO.
SOMEONE IN PVP GEAR IN A PVE RAID UNDEPERFORMS AND A PVE GEARED PLAYER IN A BATTLEGROUND SHOULD EQUALLY UNDEPERFORM…
THIS IDEA WAS TO GET PVE FOCUSED PLAYERS JOINING BGS TO GET GEAR INSTEAD OF THEM FOCUSING ONLY ONE THING PVE… AND TO GET PEOPLE JOINING PVE RAIDS TO GET PVE GEAR INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ONE THING…
IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH ANYTHING I SAID… IT IS ONLY YOUR OPINION AND YOUR OPINION IS YOUR PERSONAL CHOICE… IT DOES NOT MAKE ME WRONG OR ANYONE ELSE WRONG ITS WHAT WE PREFER… AND DEVS HAVE NO CLUE WITHOUT LISTENING TO PLAYERS.

1 Like

I was there. We always end up stacking a stack. And this makes pvp gear bad for trying to get into pve. Mind you I don’t do rated stuff but I guess I speak from a casual perspective. Since I enjoyed battlegrounds the most in this game. Legion for me was pretty good. You didn’t have to worry about gear, just the builds and ilvl.

And I honestly didn’t like grinding through the meatgrind until you become decent. All pvp is who gets geared early prospers and it makes it harder for people that come in late to prosper.

Gee, I never realized I had been playing a moba all this time.

1 Like

I have to agree here, its really ridiculous that some of my bis azerite gear is pvp only. Blizz is trying to force me to pvp for my pve enjoyment. This is a slap in the face we the customers demand answers!

1 Like

Even if they return a vendor for PvP nothing is going to change unless they implement scaling on gear like in WoD or utilize a PvP specific stat (resilience/pvp power).

The problem is the M+ crowd can get gear faster, and get gear funneled to them. Once again the PvE tryhards are going to be the king of the hill in all aspects of the game.

Not to mention having a conquest currency vendor is all well and good, but without a starter set for honor currency then PvE is going to be the prerequisite for PvP…again. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Ya, the Shadowlands vendors are going to be a bastardized version of what they should be. Which is MoP/WoD vendors. I agree with the above that PvE gear is still going to be idiotic in PvP and once again, PvPer’s will be SOL. Bring back the WoD scaling system, add a PvP trinket 2-set bonus again that reduces/increases damage against players.

Pretty wild seeing Timmyx the mythic raider rogue with his Drest/+15 Bike trinket gibbing someone in the opener with his “fun” corruption on top of that. Get out, lmao. Seems like the only people defending the system are the monkeys abusing it.

1 Like