What's the point of PvP Gear if PvE gear will just do better?

Why even have PvP gear in the first place if you’re just going to make it so that some Mythic “2k Io” Raid Overlord can just come into pvp with their broken maxed out pieces and just own with it?

I miss the days of when there was actually a PvP Dev who cared about PvP and actually did his best to have it progress and adapt to what was currently out in the XPAC.

#BringBackPvPpower

42 Likes

I thought PvP vendors were coming back in Shadowlands?

4 Likes

Vendors are coming back but that just isn’t enough to balance PvP.

13 Likes

As if pvp players did not whine about balance with pvp power :rofl:

9 Likes

How did they complain about it?

1 Like

I don’t actually know if this is confirmed or not; are venders coming back selling gear with PvP stats?

Another high quality Doomkalser thread :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

8 Likes

It is confirmed:

Also of note are some changes to PvP currencies—notably, Conquest is once again a spendable currency earned through Shadowlands Rated PvP. Players will be able to use Conquest points to purchase specific items of their choice from a vendor in the capital city of Oribos (in an easy-to-find location, naturally). Conquest can also be used to upgrade that gear further (similar to how Benthic gear worked with Manapearls in Rise of Azshara). We’ll have lots more information to share on the details of this system, as well as our broader endgame itemization plans, as the alpha rolls on and we reach max-level content.

Member resilience?

I member.

16 Likes

I meant if it would have

1 Like

I’d love to go back to resilience.

16 Likes

It wasn’t great but it worked most of the time.

4 Likes

As someone who bounces between casual PvE and PvP, I didn’t enjoy resilience much. It multiplies the effort of gearing for everyone and disproportionately impacts multi-role classes. I realize this is a nothingburger for someone who tunnelvisions on PvE or PvP alone, but for anybody who does a bit of both it’s worth a lot to be able to assemble a decent set of gear from differing sources, especially when RNG kicks in and decides your character isn’t getting that direly needed weapon upgrade any time soon.

Just put in vendors and have PvE and PvP gear sit at equal power levels, or if a penalty is truly needed, do it WoD style where gear from one sector of the game takes a small performance penalty in other sectors, giving players with “pure” sets a bit of a leg up without making the gear stink for other purposes.

5 Likes

Ppl cried harder about pvp power then the way they do now. And at the end of the day this is a mmo-rpg not a mmo-moba. And the devs said themselves players that do way more end game content would be stronger then people only doing one thing for gear.

PvP is included in this game so its only right that we get a proper pvp playstyle.

10 Likes

Devs said players doing more end game content means that player would be stronger. Someone who does weekly pvp and mythic plus chest, mythic/heroic raids, and 4/5 horrific visions is going to be stronger then you period. This is a rpg not a moba.

So it was a moba for the 7 years prior to BFA? Your argument might make sense if what the OP wants never existed. But it did, for 3 entire expansions prior to BFA.

11 Likes

Youre misunderstanding the point. PvP is apart of this game it does not make sense to downplay it solely beecause of the amount of content PVE has to offer. PvP is it’s own thing within WoW, having players that do PvE content and acquire PvE gear being able to beat a player that focuses on PvP Content and acquires PVP gear is just straight up dumb!

7 Likes

No you dont understand that everything in a mmorpg is connected and you play this game like a moba. Nothing in a mmorpg is its own thing. Go play a moba all pvp there. Players doing all the content will be stronger then a player doing one thing like yourself. Devs pointed this out.

2 Likes

I just went through a few of the top raiders armories and didn’t see a single one of them with a PvP piece. Shouldn’t them be using a mix of both be the best for both if that is what you’re saying?

3 Likes