Whats the go with all the druids?

I just see big congo lines going from herb to to mining node constantly like they’re all on some preset path. Are they bots? and i’ve seen multiboxers but I thought they were banned now?

1 Like

Multi boxers aren’t banned, they can’t use outside programs to co trol their characters. But most likely they are bots. Report them if you see them and blizzard will take action.

2 Likes

Mostly Bots. But the occasional multi-boxer.

Multi-boxing isn’t against ToS. Using software that allows you to control a character indirectly is. AKA - Someone runs 5 windows and presses 1. All 5 windows ‘press’ 1 at the same time from a single keystroke.

The thing is that most multi-boxers also run scripts to simulate keystrokes on their non-active windows. So, on avg a multi-boxer is breaking ToS … but not because they are multi-boxing.

2 Likes

Great explanation.

Most likely bots if there are 10 druids all in a staggered line.

If it’s a multiboxer, it’d be 9 druids all following one druid, or 4 druids all following one druid with a passenger on each of the five druids.

Hey there, I have a few accounts and talk a lot with others who do. Decent explanation, but I think you did a little conclusion jumping. What’s your reason for saying most multiboxers run scripts? Everyone I’ve ever talked to loves the game as much as you or I do, and is playing on their main account that they’ve had since Vanilla. Saying on average they’re breaking ToS is…not in line with the polls I’ve taken.

To OPs question though, Etamalgren explained it well. A train formation is a pain in the butt to gather with, and is way less efficient than just having a leader and 1-9 drones. The followers have a macro like
/follow LeadToon
/use [form: 0/1/2/4/5/6] !Travel Form
bound to scrollwheel. In windows 10, you can send scrollwheel commands to nonactive windows, so you have your main big account open, and then the others tiny and tiled around your monitor. Swipe your mouse around them scrolling the mousewheel and everone mounts up and follows the leader. Then you run up next to the herb and click on the sparkles with each drone individually one after another. A bot follows a preset path and doesn’t need to follow the leader, so deer in a staggered line would more likely be bots where the person running the bot initiated the software on one account, then tabbed over and initiated there. There was a little time in between each initiation, so they’re a little staggered. If all of them turn at sharp angles and at the same spots (and are wearing pleb gear), that’s when I report. I also report multiboxers if all the accounts start clicking at the same time, because they’re probably broadcasting. You can do a lot with in-game macros, and you can still hardware broadcast, but anytime someone is perfect, it’s sus.

You know what. You are correct. I am ashamed to say this makes me guilty of one of my own pet peeves. What I should have said was “from what I can tell”. But, thinking on this a bit further, the truth is that’s not a fair statement either. B/c Most legit boxxers I’ve run into only run 1 or 2 extra windows. So on avg they wont look like boxxers in the first place and be skipped in my ‘internal-poll’.

Though I can say that the obvious scripted bots seem to outweigh the latter when it comes to conga-farming. There’s lots of way to mess with the bots that would make it obvious if there was an actual person running all the windows. I have yet to come across someone actually running their screens when I go to mess with them.

1 Like

What’s the point in paying for all those sub fees? Do they make profit selling gold or something?

If they last long enough to get a WoW token’s worth of gold, it’s worth it to the botter to keep making new accounts after being banned.
Or they just use a stolen credit card to get game time and get as much gold as possible before the charges get reversed and the account gets banned

I think blue posts say most gold coming from shady gold sites specifically comes from compromised accounts, though, not botters.

Oh, and to be a little more specific on this: 10 druids that all seem to turn and stop in the exact same locations, with robotically jerky movements. Another telltale sign is if they deal with mobs in the exact same way every time, like so:
Herb node, interrupted
Herb node, interrupted, use incap roar
Herb node, run to next node. (or if it fails again, wait 5 seconds, then run to next node)

…Saw that happen quite a few times while I was killing bots on my 51 Speed twink in Revendreth a few months ago.

I know someone who for a while had 5 accounts so he could farm xmog efficiently. He’d set up a group with 1 of each armor type and 1 of each token category (for raids with tokens), and a fifth person if needed to make a full group so he could use group finder to teleport into the dungeon without picking up other players. I personally considered it something of a waste of money, but it’s his 60 bucks, he can do what he wants with it.