What's the excuse for the bots now?

you have to inject the coffee to get it to work better :wink:

blizzard has decided the subscription fees from bots are more profitable than paying GM staff to keep them under control. Vote with your wallet and cancel your sub, since its the only language acti-blizz understands these days. i did.

1 Like

holy crap. I havent seen that reference in 30 years :laughing:
Used to have a really foul mouthed neighbor girl who’d say that early 80s.

2 Likes

I like this person right here
This is a smart person

No not the first post, in the post you added it to. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t.

Are you saying that it’s impossible for what I’ve said to have taken place? I think they are all reasonable.

I saw, which is why I deleted my quote but you changed it to something that is still offensive but whatever, I doubt anyone will report it.

If it was there for me to read the moment you made the post I would have.

Nope, never botted, not going to bot to learn about them either.

:smiley:

Not quite sure what to make of this, surely you aren’t making a jab at the type of people you think would have this job, while simultaneously telling Blizz they should make this a position, that wouldn’t make any sense so I’m going to take it as a compliment instead

:slight_smile:

1 Like

If abilities can be abused they are, by definition, broken. Blizzard has danced around the problem with half-measures long enough. They haven’t worked.

If being forced to interact with an herb node in the exact same manner as every other class is “punishment” to you, I don’t know what to tell you other than, “It’s not.” Adjusting druids is certainly a more workable solution than, “I wish everyone would just stop buying gold,” which has never worked in any game, or playing whack-a-mole with botters every time they pop up.

Because it was a laughable example. There are not hordes of hunters running amok in Bastion on a daily basis, shutting down questing areas by tagging every mob in sight. (And Blizzard did hunter AOE no favors with the ability tweaks in SL.)

I play all classes, including druids. Them losing the ability to gather in animal form would not bother me. I’ve always thought it was weird that I’m forced to carry a tool, like a skinning knife, to initiate a gathering activity, but can do that activity when I only have hooves to actually hold the knife I have to carry around, or even when I’m hovering above the ground.

In this exact situation, yes, you are literally bringing statements into the matter that have already been proven to be false claiming “What if they” well, no they didnt, i went out of my way to prove it, and made the conclusion according to the proof that was provided from my interference with the bot.

What was stated here is that you may have issues discerning a human being from a robot but this is likely due to not working in a general computers field, nevermind one involving coding.
As a result, you lack the required knowledge on the subject matter to have a genuinely informed opinion on the functions of a bot, as you simply do not know how they are designed.
Am i wrong?

**apologies though, it seems i did misspeak, what was intended to be said here is that you would not be a good candidate for such a job given your clear lack of experience on the matter, I forgot the not, my bad.

And I can tell you it would bother me, and plenty of others.

You are saying it’s ok by me when I play my alt. What about those of us who main them? No consideration. Yet when I point out hunters botting again you gloss over it and say well it was just an example, when in reality it was the dumbest one you could have used.

So they take this away, make my life annoying to please you. Cool. Botters now go to hunters and monks, what’s the next nerf? Or you don’t care until it hits you?

It’s the system that needs the fixing, not the classes. Account creation could easily stop a lot of them in their tracks if that was tweaked just a little.

I disagree, I still say no human can 100% ID 100% of bots.

Nope 100% right!

I have 0 idea how bots work (well not 0, but you know)

Welcome to cancel culture.

1 Like

:sob:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7TKx8N17L5GfVvIQ/giphy.gif

1 Like

This is a matter of tools at their disposal to prove whether or not the user is a bot and how they go about doing so, you could say that if you wanted to, but it’s a speculation that really does nothing other than put someone in this position at the same level as the average player.
Yep, Joe from denny’s might not be able to descern a bot with 100% accuracy,
Kim from IT who’s been building applications her whole life? Yeah she’ll do it no problem

On this subject being wow related, you don’t tank on a priest.

Now, would you say that some randomly trained IT person would have a higher or lower false positive rate than whatever tools Blizz currently uses to determine if someone is botting.
I think it would be higher, which is why Blizz hasn’t and won’t do it. Because less false bans is superior to less bots.

1 Like

You can sometimes but you definitely won’t have a 100% success rate

I wouldnt implement randomly trained IT, as thats a broad field - hire on people who understand the design of automation and robotics, and they will look into the matter for you
Don’t and we end up with the fumbling IT guys at blizz running a bot to combat the bots.

Hey, you know what, it doesn’t matter. Nothing is unchangable, if you can get Blizz to do it go for it :+1: If it doesn’t workout we know they have no problem firing 800 people at once lol.

3 Likes

at least we do have some things we agree on

:heart_eyes:

Ban not only the botter, but their holding accounts and the buyers. Problem solved. They have all the data.

1 Like