What's the excuse for the bots now?

Or they can punish the cheaters, not everyone… I like my druids, I get it, you want to blame all of us… But really can you not get how stupid this sounds?

I am a boomy, by your standard I need to swap forms to get anything done now, because others cheated.

So I have seen hunter bots, you can’t use weapon to fight because they cheated… seem fair?

3 Likes

Well in that case I want mage teleports and portals removed as well, let them travel like everybody else has to as well.

1 Like

Druid miners have to swap forms to farm ore nodes. Swapping forms is literally insta change…Im up and gone before you can get halfway onto your mount as a non druid.
That wouldnt slow them down at all.
What would is maybe doing that AND druids having a ‘cast’ time on their forms.
And since all that is class perks,…how about we just start removing ALL class perks…eh…lets just do away with classes entirely and everyone can play warrior.lol

How about this idea?
YOU roll a fARMING character…a druid…then that way YOU arent at any disadvantage.
Jesus Christ…Ive got FOUR druids in SL…three of them are my farmers…am I the only one who thought to do it?

While i love the thought of making druids cry and building a boat worthy of sailing on their river of tears, i would rather have the botters punished for exploiting the class benefits

0 Mental gymnastics needed for scenario’s that legit players could do as well :man_shrugging:

Never botted before sorry, just don’t want Blizz randomly banning people.

I’m not saying there’s no way the people you’re talking about are bots, only that what you see isn’t enough evidence for Blizz to make that decision.

5 Likes

Would a crack dealer turn away dozens of crack heads?

I dont think so.

Thats weird, how did he go from actively following the mob i was moving to running into a wall? I would like your explanation for this because autorun wasnt the answer

It’s almost like the program followed the intended target, reached the target, looted the target, skinned the target, and then attempted to go back to where it’s programmed to be via shortest flat route.

Not even movement key turning, no physical turning, Move back, strafe left, move forward, move back, strafe right, move forward.

Either you’re trolling or insulting my intelligence

Even they could ban, EWT, but for some reason they can’t.
Druids have to much utility. everything they do can be programmed into one button including looting. So just think about that and the infinite possibilities, not to mention all the things your not thinking about if your not someone who makes a living cheating at the game these guys sit around and think of ways to be cunning and exploit anything they can.

Even if blizzard could ban bots for ever druids will always be tainted and i will always spit on a druid i see gathering.

Turned on auto run :man_shrugging:

It’s not like they’re not banning bots man - I’ve personally reported a bunch that were banned. It’s an on going problem - Bot farms, few get banned, one slides though the cracks, earns coin, compile coin, sell coin. Create new account with new email, change VPN IP, start again.

So it’s an on going struggle that they fight - and it’s in their financial interest to fight it. The numbers are staggering though - at one point they were banning 120k bots a month. You know how much man power and time that takes?

Unless you have a fool proof system you can pitch here, calm down.

1 Like

After ten years of watching botters pick the same class, after standing in the hub in Deepholm and watching dozens of druid alts fly straight up through the roof of the hub so they can farm Stonecore, it’s clear one class is the main tool the cheaters use.

The band-aid approach hasn’t fixed the problem. So, fix the class.

wut?
someone please show me this one. lol. Im missing something this big?
I have Loot-a-rang …but thats not in a macro along with anything else.

2 Likes

Since when did autorun go WWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDDDWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDWWWWWWWW
?

This sounds like when someone says “Nerf DHs” then Blizz does, and now Boomkins are king meme so people are saying “Nerf Convoke” which Blizz will, then some other class will be king meme.
What good does nerfing druids do? They’ll just switch to the next best class. Will you continually call for nerfs to the classes you see most often until no class has any abilities?

4 Likes

So what? There is no reason whatsoever to punish players.

Fix the not broken class makes zero sense. You don’t punish those not breaking the rules period. I don’t get this other than the push to get rid of our riding form in the Maw. It’s petty jealousy nothing more.

I have pointed out hunters are used for botting too notice how you glossed over that and blamed druids? Why isn’t there a mob going after them? Please enlighten me.

2 Likes

Well the example I was given was “I moved something and then they ran into a wall for 10 minutes” I don’t know what all that WSSSEW business is about.

There’s no way, you can know for certain that a player isn’t doing the things you’re seeing. Only Blizz can know that with whatever program they used to determine it.

2 Likes

lol…absolutely agree.
“I REFUSE TO ROLL DRUID TO FARM WITH…SO BAN DRUID!!!”

The day blizzard falls for this crap, Im out…permanently.
WE ALL can roll druid for farming…NO ONE is a victim here…even those who play victims on TV.

1 Like

Active intervention by trained technicians implemented as game masters and paid accordingly.
Quite foolproof

in my scenario, blizzard earns a little more money. by keeping BOTing lucrative it increases the likelihood that a banned BOT will turn around and create new accounts which requires them to repurchase the whole game. the base edition of the game is currently $40.

If Blizzard were on their game and banned every single BOT the second anyone detected it then BOTing wouldn’t be financially viable for those doing it and eventually they’d begin to quit or find other games to exploit.

You can’t ban too fast or too often, which is why it typically comes in waves.

2 Likes

Agreed, hunters and monks are also incredibly common bot tools, it’s not a druid issue - its a Bot and bad administration on blizzard’s part issue.

2 Likes