What's the excuse for the bots now?

Sure, I get it, they are probably bots but Blizz still needs more evidence than that.

1 Like

If you not prevent botting, but do ban waves
Shareholders are happy because bots are banned. Blizzard happy because new bots buying game and sub time
a win win

Nah I think everyone gets it, but you can’t just ban because it looked like it to you.

3 Likes

Objectively automated behaviour is Objectively automated and i have no idea why you would pose this as being a subjective matter.
They operate with clearly defined, set parameters that they repeat upon encountering the same issue.
This isn’t a “Looks Like”
It’s a “Proven to be”

Objectively can only be proven with software, not eyeballs

3 Likes

If you can explain to me why a druid that’s been running into a wall for the past 10 minutes after i dragged a skinnable mob off a ledge has decided to hearth in order to come back in to this farming spot instead of moving the 10 feet left that is required, i will gladly listen

No online game will ever combat bots to the point they don’t exist. If these bot programmers can make money off of making bots then they will keep on evolving to get past what ever blocks them.

It’s the same thing we see with aniti piracy software. No matter how tough they attempt to make them its only bound to get cracked. Same with bottlers are they will always find a way around anti bottling software.

1 Like

Really?
Objectively 2+2 = 4
Pretty sure that’s no software required

They turned on autorun and got up from their desk to go get a drink and make a sammich and while away from their desk they thought to themselves “hm, I should go check the AH in Org and see if the cost of mats have come down so I can level my enchanting” so they get back after running into that wall while you’re there /spitting on them and then they hearth :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

No, don’t be a beggar

Sadly it takes more than 2+2 to figure out for a fact someone is botting and not just having a pretty good idea they are

1 Like

Convince people to stop buying gold and the bots would go away.

It’s like with scalpers. If people stopped buying from them, they’d make no money and they move on.

People are lazy though, and want the easy way out. So bots will always be there. Report and move on. That’s all the brain power you need to dedicate to this issue.

Did you miss the part where they hearthed to the town right next to us and immediately came back to the same spot i dragged them out of in the first place?
No /spitting required

Or did you miss the part where i deliberately tagged their mob and pulled it to an area they wouldnt be able to escape without human movement and think it just magically autoran to the mob it pulled? (and skinned before running into a wall in the direction from which it came?)

They could certainly be inconvenienced.

Making it so druids can no longer herb/skin/click quest objects while in animal or moonkin forms would slow them down.

Yes

Maybe they forgot where their hearth was set and intended to go to Org but seeing they changed their hearth decided to go back to farming. I only say that because I’ve done exactly that (besides the farming part :rofl: ) Forgot I changed my hearth to Aspirant’s Rest and hearthed while at Aspirant’s Rest -_- I was so annoyed with myself

2 Likes

if uh…bots are only running on a sub…up thru legion…they arent losing anything by banning them…they’ll create a new account and keep going.
If the bots are running current content…well, its in blizzards best financial interest to ban them ASAP…because the account is banned…the purchase of SL is lost…they’ll have to buy it all over again with a new account.

In neither scenario is blizzard losing a dime by banning bots in droves and as quickly as they possibly can.

Annoy legit players and probably cause a small fire on the forums lol

3 Likes

After running into a wall in the direction i pulled them from? To hearth and show back up in the exact spot it was in before i dragged it elsewhere? thats an interesting amount of mental gymnastics you’re doing here

But fun fact, i do spit on bots, so i’m gonna go ahead and assume i’ve ruined your day a few times.

Only reason you’d be this fervently defending blatant automation is to try justifying lenience to botters, as you likely are one.

1 Like

Let the forums burn over the offense of druids having to farm herbs just like everybody else has to.

It will be a grand bonfire of entitlement.

1 Like