What's next? We need fresh servers or restore characters

Dude, you could either…
A. Let your character progress with the server (to TBC at the time)
B. Have your character remain in Classic Era
C. Do both for a fee.

This was all well advertised. The end of the service (of cloning your character so you could do both) was also well advertised over a year in advance.

I don’t know what fever dream you had about a ‘battle pass.’ You missed it…the copies are gone. Either play your character on WOTLK, or level up in Classic Era.

Continuing to act like you don’t get such easy to follow information really isn’t a good look.

2 Likes

This post was in May '21. Clones don’t even need to come into it. 2 years ago people had the option to choose ERA only. Choosing one home was free.
We were all still level 60 when that post come out. Still don’t understand how people could not know about this for the entire time.

3 Likes

Please read this slowly and try to comprehend. Your character is still on the exact same server you created it on.

Sorry you failed to click a button in the hundreds of days you had, but that 100% on you and there are dozen of similar threads by gold sellers so please stop making them.

2 Likes

If blizz would have just came out with this information there would be no issue. Or at least just keep the classic character and have the battle pass or whatever it’s called upgrade you to WOTLK

3 Likes

True , blizzard created the mixup with their god awful planning and implementation. Hopefully they’ll fix the mess.

2 Likes

This post explains it perfectly.

1 Like

If it were, there wouldn’t be a need for all of these forum posts. Check these forums and you will see that obviously 50+% of the playerbase did not get this information.

3 Likes

No, it never was in Classic Era unless you chose that server.

Not deleted. Progressed to Wrath.

They did, you didn’t read it.

No, it really is, those realms progressed to TBC then Wrath

If I would’ve seen that post there would be no issue. The issue is that they hide it on a forum instead of just keeping the character to begin with. I shouldn’t have to check the spam folder of my email or purchase a battle pass to keep the character that I spent 100s of hours on.

5 Likes

Forums, the news section and the Blog section. I can link them if you like.

No the post are mostly by the same few players. And they are either:

1. Gold sellers
  2. Unable to click a button for 300+ days

Either way the data is gone, and even if it could be recovered. Clones should NEVER be opened since their will be a huge influx of gold and bots for sellers.

I did not purchase TBC or WOTLK and I did not ask for my characters to be moved there. I created my characters on Herod-US CLASSIC WoW servers. Today that server still exists and it’s showing 0 characters for me on there.

4 Likes

If you misunderstand what blizzard considers classic that is only your fault.

1 Like

YOu didn’t need to buy them. and you didn’t ask for them not to be there.

They are when you choose Wrath. You are talking about Classic Era servers, not the same as the old Classic 2019 servers. Era realms were new realms when TBC came out.

Why would there need to be a button to keep your character, and why would they ever remove that button?

Also btw deleting characters has made gold selling on classic servers worse. Everyone is having to start fresh since their characters were deleted and the demand for gold is higher.

4 Likes

One thing, you didn’t even need to look anywhere, you where given the information when you logged into the game.

2 Likes

Basically everyone who cares about classic has their clones and the economy only settled after clones were closed, which was before the recent hype started.

So the gold sellers didn’t copy over their toons.

Now mr.goldseller I’m done responding to this thread you clearly have an agenda or are just refusing / unable to understand really basic logic.

3 Likes

They needed to shtup our characters to wrath to boost apparent participation so they could report a spike. They won’t let us have them back. They must be confident that the number of players who are willing to regrind the characters they lost is greater than the number of players who will give up over the issue.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, this is incorrect.

When the Clones were FIRST introduced back in 2021 (the service discontinued in 2022), ALL you had to do was activate (FOR FREE) on Era (if Era is your ONLY style preference) and ignore BC + Wrath, entirely and not worry about the “removal of your character” on BC/Wrath.

There was no purchasing of anything, UNLESS you wanted to be in BOTH games, with the SAME character. They wanted people to make a choice, and when you didn’t make that choice, they were going to progress you, onto the progression server because in Blizz’s mind, they assume more people want “progression”.

We had a whole year to decide. It’s unfortunate I only managed to save 2/3 of my 60s. RIP my Enchanter.

So, who wants to run me through Uldaman, so I can “re-level” that Enchanter, again? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Not on my server.

It’s funny, people disagreed with me on this similar point I made. Yes, Era WAS fresh despite having 60s around.

Where on BB are you looking? There’s no economy here, and I certainly haven’t seen any gold selling spam, have you?

The HC community cannot use the AH and the challenge praises self-sufficiency. BB is not exactly the target server for gold sellers, I’m just saying…