What's in this big patch today?

Did anyone figure it out?

No patch today.

6 Likes

It could be a cover for the patch. I mean they’re trying to be secretive right. Imagine if you log on and there’s the 10.2.6 splash screen.

1 Like

It would be a mistake for them to make an event out of a .6 patch which is likely half a dozen quests and a gimmick event lol

1 Like

They have the hearthstone event going on.
It wont be the patch lol

No patch.

Network File System improvements and updates, server side only.

1 Like

I could believe that if there wasn’t a limited time event going on.

Oh well, was fun to believe in the meanwhile. Would have been funny to have the patch shadowdrop today.

Probably 10.2.6, but I wouldn’t expect anything from it to be available until next week after the Hearthstone’s 10th Anniversary event ends.

Yeah, I don’t trust that since Kaivax only made that post after the disastrous and buggy Hearthstone mess and not nearly four days ago when the extended maintenance was originally announced.

3 Likes

Perhaps this file system upgrade will allow us to do world content in large groups without the lag.

1 Like

When they say upgrade what they really mean is more cost efficient, which for us players means more lag. :crazy_face:

I predict extended maintenance will happen a few times today and the forums will have a meltdown.

3 Likes

With what they’re doing I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

1 Like

I like that they left it open ended like that.
Setting an absolute time just causes a lot of complaining in here when it goes over.

This is the reason you plan upgrades on a seperate server so you can test it off line before making the switch. with todays virtual servers this 8 hr down time is a crime.

3 Likes

Angry players and shattered dreams.

I agree they would have to be insane to do a major infra change and an application change (patch 10.2.6) at the same time. that is a recipe for failure.

This made me lol harder than I expected.

1 Like

What if, they are working on the layering issues? Pick your own layer to avoid bots :dotted_line_face:

games up now

Yeah, I saw. I was surprised. Eating my lunch while waiting for The Big Dig to start here in less than a half hour.