What's Changing (and Not!) in Season 2

Will the random number generator continue to provide gear as in the past?

I think the over arching concern is getting multiple of the same pieces when a player could benefit from a different piece of gear, say for example getting 3 of the same shoulder piece from different sources in the same week?

And will spec play a greater part in the gear rewards, getting off spec rewards is good but it is concerning when one is only concentrating on one spec in a given season?

Thanks for the heads up on the changes though.

34 Likes

The jump from random 415 @ 1725 to specific 415 @ 7150 seems rather steep. That’s 11 weeks if you only get TR from the weekly.

20 Likes

Yeah the whole thing seems like alot to be fair. This system will be useless at launch and Beyond. Till CotS

Thanks, this is the exact kind of information we needed, and succinctly written!

3 Likes

Just to clarify, Uldir gear won’t be getting the extra trait ring? It was visible on PTR, but isn’t listed in the post here as a viable source.

4 Likes

When are the next round of class updates going to happen? My longtime main spec (marks) still sucks and we’ve been telling you about it since May of last year. Still all but unused in rated arena.

14 Likes

Nice to see you’re scaling up the already overtuned dungeons, just to really drive home the point of nobody ever actually getting any stronger over the content they’re doing. Why not completely destroy the very notion of progression, right?

Thank you for reaffirming why I’m not subbed to this ‘game.’

49 Likes

Is the scaling on plain old WQ changing?
If so what is the new max value?

E.g. (Azerite Mining| Madness | Empowerment) the WQ that possibly reward an Azerite cache cap at 325 today.
Will basic WQ that reward gear be going up in ilvl as well?

4 Likes

Most likely for testing purposes. The World bosses aren’t getting loot upgrades to remain “on par with normal Uldir” so it makes sense Uldir stays in the past with regard to changes.

2 Likes

Will the “rares” still drop 340, because that’s same as arathi, but you are uptuning the rares/zone in general. shouldn’t zone base ilvl also go up 15 ilvls, to 355?

Also, when does AK increase? 22nd, or the week following?

11 Likes

Yes they are.

All current Azerite gear has been given a 5th trait.

This was a great post. Thank you for providing all this information!

4 Likes

not really and it’s not even the 30 jump they are implying since currently normal rewards 330+ heroic rewards 340+ and mythic rewards 355+ with as always azerite gear locked at the base ilvl of the difficulty of the encounter.

1 Like

The reason I’m asking is because Uldir specifically is not in the list Watcher gave. I’m aware it’s like that on Wowhead and it was like that on PTR, but Uldir was excluded as a source in Watcher’s post.

4 Likes

Hi Ion,

Can you clarify a question I have on Artifact Knowledge. Will We receive an AK reset on January 22nd, or will the AK reset not start until the 29th?

Thank you.

2 Likes

u should make us unable to farm for gear the next season.

If I wait to hold my Residuum until Battle for Dazar’alor releases, and purchase a random 385 piece from the vendor then, will it have that extra ring of traits?

1 Like

Sounds good. Makes sense.

2 Likes

Yes. You’ll be buying season 2 gear.

Reads, in some areas, like they’re actively trying to slow down, or even halt, that feeling of getting more powerful as we gear up. I guess that’s why I don’t care as much for my alts’ gear - it’s not like gaining 10-15 ilvls actually makes a heavy impact on how things die.

15 Likes