What's an easy way to level pets to 25?

I’ve recently started pet battling. I got my first team to 25 by going around the levelling zones and battling same level wild pets, but now that I have a few at max level, there’s an easier way to get more, right?

Aside from blowing 60 Polished Pet Charms to buy the Ultimate Battle Training Stone that immediately levels a pet to 25, fastest method is probably fighting the daily pet trainers in Draenor and Pandaria, or trainer WQs in Legion. Especially during Pet Bonus Weeks when you can level a pet from 1 to 25 from just two trainers. Outside of Pet Week bonuses from wearing Safari Hat (10%), Lesser Pet Treat (25%), and Pet Treat (50%) speeds things up too. And they stack.

Downside is that some of these trainers are really difficult unless you have a good collection of 25’s already. With the right pets there are strategies from Wowhead and Xu-Fu’s (www.wow-petguide. com) that almost guarantee an easy win.

Looking at your pet collection, you may have to spend some time leveling the pets you have already the same way you’ve been doing, slowly.

1 Like

AMR/Oceanic: October 21st, Squirt will visit properly leveled Garrisons during Pet Bonus Week. If you have a couple of the right level 25 pets you can battle him over and over safely with level 1+ pets and they will gain levels quickly.

Google squirt-pet-battle-leveling-guide for more. Sometimes called Super Squirt!

5 Likes

The wod pet weekly can be over as many weeks as necessary and some of the trainers are super easy. And it rewards 10 1-level-up battlestones. Once you get 1 or 2 decent pets to 25 with wild pet fights or trainer dailies in Azeroth or Kalmindor, you can really get moving and use WoD to power level your pets.

Some easy, but strong pets
Anubis idol can be easily farmed from Temple of Ahnqiraj (sp but who cares).
Mechanical Pandaron Dragon can be crafted by engineers if you are one or know a guildie who is.
Unborn Val’kyr is an easy farm in Northrend.
Teroclaw hatchling is from looting a nest in Talador (super easy)
Ikky requires completing the spires of arak story
Zandalari knee/ankle/toebiters are drops on the Isle of Giants.

The repeatable Legion World Quest trainers are IMO the most convenient way to level that doesn’t rely on Squirt timing. Once you get ahold of the Safari Hat, six wins will get a pet from 1 to 25. During pet battle bonus week, it takes only two wins with the Safari hat.

I went through Xu-fu’s strategies and identified which pets I could get ahold of that would allow me to use the leveling strategies for the Legion World Quests.

I then targeted those specific pets and leveled them to 25 in Pandaria fighting water type pets in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Valley of the Four Winds, using flying types. I found the Mechanical Axebeak to be particularly useful in this respect as Decoy will often allow you to swap a low-level leveling pet in and out without taking damage.

After that, I focused on getting the pets I needed to defeat the pet trainers to get the Safari hat.

From there it’s just acquiring and leveling whatever pets you need for your next goal.

Other tips:

Check the auction house for any tradeable pets you’re targeting (on each server if you have characters on multiple ones). Sometimes the content for certain pets is heavily farmed and it will be more worth your time to buy them than farm them yourself.

The Zuldazar, Kul Tiras, and Nazjatar world quests sometimes reward stones that can make building your collection easier, so take a look at the pets you need for those also. The pet XP for those quests is no good for leveling, but the stones rewarded might be worth the time.

On a related note: the repeatable Legion trainers are also a low-hassle way to level character alts. You won’t see the world quests until 110, but you can still talk to the trainers, fight them, and get the XP for defeating them (at least from 100-120, not sure about below that). Just keep in mind that, unless you’re decked out in heirlooms, your gear will be way behind when you go back to fighting with those characters.

I got a lot of carry teams for quest tamers on wowdb. wowhead has shady redirects and malicious scripts, wouldn’t recommend.

but yeah, 1 or 2 solid ones and carry or two. ashlei in SMV-Draenor can be done with a lvl 25 Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, carrying 1 or 2 for XP, for instance.

1 Like

On Monday the 21st, Squirt will be in garrisons… she is a repeatable trainer fight that can be done fairly quickly with a carry pet in rotation. During the pet week, with a safari hat on, it will take two battles to level any pet from 1 to 25. These two things lining up is called “Super Squirt”. You will likely be able to find a group up in the premade group finder for her.

There are team strategies listed in Xu-Fu’s:
https://www.wow-petguide.com/index.php?Strategy=730

There’s alternative teams listed on the side as well if you don’t happen to have the Boneshard / Broom combo. It’s the happiest day of the year for little Boneshard though, because you set all 3 abilities to BONESTORM!!

Aw, i wanna let my little boneshard shine, but I don’t have a broom and it looks like it’ll take a while to get one

Can also do this one, it uses purely wild pets. Just need to go out to Western Plaguelands to catch a blighthawk, get your preferred fox species… and level them during the bonus week to be prepared for Super Squirt. :wink:

https://www.wow-petguide.com/?Strategy=4029

2 Likes

THIS! (above quote) , annd…
Squirt will be visiting the garrison on Monday, October 21 (in 6 days) for NA/Oceanic. Just in time for this month’s Pet Battle Bonus week.
This! Posted by Quintessence, Legendary Battle Pet Trainer and Collecter.
Read the post titled ‘Super Squirt on Oct. 21’
Look in the Group Finder for someone with a level 3 Garrison that is having open house for pet battling. you can get invites to go to their Garrison and enjoy the convien… the perks available.

As a alliance only player I had to buy the broom from AH which cost me 130k gold. As a fairly new player that hasn’t got into gold farming, I had to buy a wow token just to get that broom.

But man it’s so worth it.

youre crazy to do that

find an alternative pet that does something similar

ASHLEI !! I always recommend that to anyone just getting into pet battles. 2 minutes flight from your garrison. Take an alt above lvl 100 (make a demon hunter if not) and park it in front of her. Use a Pet Treat and a lesser pet treat, put on your safari hat (if you have one) and then just login to that character for 2 minutes every day to do the fight. You’ll lvl a pet from 1-24 every 3 days. In addition, your character will get close to 30k xp every day. Most painless way of getting your first few pets levelled. The treats should last you a couple of weeks. Once you have a team of a few lvl 25’s, can expand your operation.

As far as the fight goes, a single pet. Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling with a single ability (Breath) is enough for the whole thing. Just get one off the AH if you can’t make it. Every new alt will get a free upgrade stone from the garrison menagerie to bring up the pet to 25. Otherwise just get 60 Polished Pet Charms to buy an upgrade stone to level up the pet to 25. Can get them from the mission table… no need to do pet battles for it.

Her third pet does no damage so just swap to your lvl 1 pet for a turn and then back to MPD.

Or wait til her plushie gets low enough and just use Explode. Both your leveling pets will get the XP without having to swap them in.

1 Like

Did not know that! Thank you.