What's a good set of old raids to farm gold in?

I managed to get a good amount from running MoP raids, but it takes about 6 hours. Are there still a set of raids that yield more gold and bit less time consuming?

1 Like

After the gold nerf to all those old raids they kinda stopped being worth it for gold farming. The most chill way I’ve found to farm gold this xpac is just do callings on a couple characters a day, adds up really fast.

6 Likes

Raw gold farming was nerfed substantially to curb botting.

The way to make gold with old content is transmog BoE’s and stuff like that. Or disenchant and craft old enchants that are still being sold. As the comment above mentioned, on a time vs. effort comparison, you make A LOT more gold doing callings. You can also make good gold with paragon chests from Legion and BfA which take minutes to fly around and complete, and gamble a chance at mounts.

Old dungeons can be done to prepare for future selling, but it’s a long game, not a short one.

For example, you could run Strath tons of times to collect Righteous Orbs, which sell for a lot during MT since it’s the main mat for the Crusader Enchant.

3 Likes

Well thats a bummer, the bots ruined a good thing. Hmm… callings eh? How much does one toon get from these Callings on average?

1 Like

My personal experience has been a range of 1600-2200g per Calling, give or take.

About 1200-2000g. The good news is that they are extremely easy to do once you’ve unlocked flying.

I made about 60k in under an hour with the overlap callings, 3x callings is like 7.5k x 5 toons plus a couple paragon chests for a few that hit it while doing the callings

2 Likes

Raw gold farming wasn’t directly nerfed, it was affected by the level squish, though if you have stock in tinfoil you could make an argument otherwise.

Do LFR Terrace of Eternal Spring on alts. When you get 50-gold gear tokens, sell them as they are.

Selling the loot is less lucrative than doing callings in Shadowlands.

However, BoEs that drop in legion raids can sell for high amounts 50k+ color of items change on difficulty, good luck soloing them though as it’s harder now than it was in BFA.

Dear OP,

you may consider farming old raids for BoE’s or gems that can be used in Timewalking Mage Tower runs, they may or may not sell (I didn’t look into it) but I know that Timewalking MT made older content somewhat relevant.

What are “callings”? Is that just another name for dailies or World Quests?

Daily callings are what you pick up at your Covenant, and they send you out to either do world quests/activities in an area, sometimes they require a specific quest or dungeons, sometimes it’s looting items from rare spawns or chests, sometimes it’s doing a Torghast run. But basically, yes, world quests. They are mostly world quests.

Turning in a calling gives you a chest that has soul conduits, and gray items to sell for gold.

1 Like

Ah ok. I guess I’ve never done those before then. I do my regular world quests but I don’t do much with my covenant. Thanks for the explanation!

I would consider doing them every now and then, especially if you are doing world quests anyway. They can sometimes drop toys and pets, and for my Nightfae characters, I keep finding soul shapes in the reward chests. Plus it’s pretty easy money for stuff you are already doing!

It’s a daily that your covenant hall gives you each day. One quest and it gives you a bunch of vendor items that give around 2-4K gold

Yeah Blizzard killed off Raw gold making by 2000% and yet never bothered to go back and adjust vendor prices to take into consideration their action.

A mount that was going for 120k back then is still the same price today…

They nuked gold gains from old raids. The closest possible thing you can do is farm legacy herbs or mog.

The absolute best possible way to farm gold in this game now is to work 1 hour of overtime at your actual place of employment, earn 25 dollars and buy a token for 200k to get you through a month or two of spending for your consumables etc.

Actually making gold in this game is not very feasible unless you hardcore farm rare transmog items, or you have a lot of gold to begin with and can work the auction house buying stuff up and jacking up the AH price.

For the amount of time you have to spend in game earning 200k gold (if you have none to start with to make more) this is the best possible way, it’s why blizzard designed it that way. to make it more attractive to spend $$

A very basic material flipping TSM group can make you a token a month easily with maybe 10 minutes a day of buying and reposting (if that).

Just need maybe 100k-ish startup which isn’t a ton.

If you don’t have the gold I recommend farming out either mining or herbalism (or both together) to max level across all the expansions. Super time consuming, but you get those little dopamine hits leveling the skills to max and gathering all the smelting recipes and ranks and that will easily be your 100k startup and more.