What you think happen to the Alternative Azeroth?

Deathwing is why Alternate Azeroths can’t really work. We had to do a LOT of extreme plot finagling, time traveling nonsense to have any chance of surviving Deathwing. Any timeline that doesn’t have Horde and Alliance do some time traveling stuff to bring in the Dragon Soul is a lost one. Which means that timeline does NOT have their DS, which means Deathwing wins.

Query: Why do you sound like HK 47? You are not a droid. You are a meatbag with some droid parts?

1 Like

(Statement): Unit Exacitor’s desire was to play a fully mechanized Mechagnome such as from Ulduar. Blizzard instead supplied him with lemons.

5 Likes

A Deathwing who has to content with…
An Alexstrasza who was never captured or abused by the Dragonmaw Clan, the Red Dragonflight instead has all those Dragons who were killed in the Second War.
A still-living Malygos.
7 Healthy and prosperous Human Kingdoms.
An undamaged High Elven Kingdom.
The Night Elves who still remember him and haven’t had Cenarius beaten up by an angry green boy with an axe.

Whereas Deathwing has…
Elementals.
Dark Irons. (Maybe.)
Ogres. - Oops no Dark Portal.
Twilight’s Hammer. - Yep… still no Dark Portal.

2 Likes

Because that timeline hasn’t collapsed yet.

But it will eventually, which is why it’s likely The Lightforged will show up on our Azeroth.

1 Like

Oh honey, wrong again. Garithos apperently became racist to the high elves because while he and his forces were busy defending Quel’thalas from the Horde, the Horde managed to attack his village and kill his family/raze it to the ground. Again, No Horde=no racist(or at least not to the extent he showed in WC3) Garithos.

2 Likes

I remember the same thing.

AU Azeroth is probably building a dark portal so it can invade AAUU Draenor. It’s AUs all the way down.

4 Likes

Deathwing has apocalyptic power granted by N’Zoth. That’s really all he needs. The dragon aspects are still spent creating the DS. Except, where Deathwing is missing on a Twilight’s Hammer, he’s still sitting on his Demon Soul. That he can easily give to Archbishop Benedictus. To replace the Twilight’s Hammer. Easy.

And let’s be honest, 7 healthy human kingdoms would be infighting. Easy fodder for Deathwing. Again, there is no Alliance. Malygos is still insane, and is just as likely to join Deathwing with a gentle nudge from the Old Gods, as he is to fight Deathwing.

Let’s not forget that Deathwing still mauled the aspects in a 1v4, after taking 2 direct hit DS lasers to the back. They still needed us for that fight, 4 aspects and green jesus with DS lasers. All of this, and they still get wrecked without the players.

Take the green jesus and the DS out of the equation, and things start looking UGLY. Even worse if Malygos falls corrupt and joins.

I would like to add that the Horde and the Alliance, having zero naval warfare, because they don’t exist, would be unable to save Naptulon from Azshara. The naga and faceless would have the seas and coasts under an iron grip, leaving Kul’Tiras unable to contribute. So 6 human kingdoms, except again Gilneas and Stormwind are also on the coast, so they would drown under Azshara’s incursion as well.

Even if racist is racist. Without the Horde invasion and subsequent Lichification of Ner’zhul Garithos would have remain a low level baron who wouldnt have the power to start a war.

I don’t think there is an alternate Azeroth. AU Draenor seems to always be referred as singular and not an actual alternate universe we visit but this one planet. Warcraft universes don’t seem to be like ours with the way everything seems to travel through portals. Even the Draenei went through something to get here from Argus so I’m unsure we can actually do space travel as we think ala Star Wars. At least beyond a point. It’s probably all pocket dimensions so someone would need to create an AU Azeroth before we could visit.

1 Like

Don’t exist on alt draenor. Thrall’s counterpart is already part of our horde, if I’m not mistaken.

Ehh. I just don’t buy it. Learned behavior is learned behavior. A people’s absence from a war shouldn’t envelope them with such hatred. That’s kinda nuts. Don’t the high elves have enough on their plate with the trolls n allat? Idk.

Perhaps. Though using orcs as a scapegoat for everything bad in Azeroth is kinda silly. Everything we know lore wise it’s only been 30-35 years. Without orcs the humans wouldn’t have had a common enemy to form the alliance. So naturally as us humans do we would wreck havoc on each other and a lot of other people. Give that a couple of generation and some healthy involvement of the burning legion and boom. You got some bad stuff.

I still get the same question over and over again – is there an alternate Azeroth to go with the alternate Draenor?

Yes!

Are we going to see it?

I would never say never, but it’s not planned right now.

https://www.engadget.com/2014-11-11-alex-afrasiabi-on-warlords-garrosh-and-alternate-azeroth.html

They literally said the exact opposite.

2 Likes

Let’s see if you would start to hate certain people as a whole if they did nothing to save your whole family when they got butchered and your whole village and life got destroyed because of it, I would certainly hold a massive grudge against them.

Its like if you were on the side of a cliff and you were already busy holding some people hands so they wouldn’t fall and you see in the distance your family in the same situation and an army of high elves close by and you see them just stare at them and then just turn their back and walk away as your whole family fall to their death, wouldn’t you hate those people after?

1 Like

Illidan wasn’t corrupted.

Xe’ra was on Argus not Azeroth.

There is no AU Azeroth.
AU Draenor is it’s own pocket timeline/universe, with nothing beyond it.

Phlynch linked this and they do say it exist in here unless they changed their mind and retcon that idea.

https://www.engadget.com/2014-11-11-alex-afrasiabi-on-warlords-garrosh-and-alternate-azeroth.html

nothing, it never existed